• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

KIA Stinger - wow

Meh, it is still a KIA.....No thanks.

They are now good quality cars

Just don't have the status of a BMW or Benz but I'd say they are more reliable than either one

Friend of mine works for some company that operates assisted living
Places and the company wanted a status'ey car and bought her a Benz to drive

Bout a year later I notice she's driving a Honda
And asked about it
"Needed something reliable, Benz was in the shop eight times the first 10,000 miles "

Kia is where Honda and Toyota were in the late 70s

First cars were crap, then they started improving rapidly and unlike the big three , they learned fast and usually don't repeat mistakes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with most of that minus the Benz part. My wife had 2 and both went 50k miles with no issues whatsoever, and minimal maintenance. Any company can have a lemon.

April of 2014 I bought a new Kia Sportage. I travel for work and so far I have 120000 miles on. Nothing but routine oil changes. Front brakes lasted to 100k! Original tires went to 75K! It is mostly interstate miles. I would buy another one. My sister in law had to have the rear bearings replaced on their Subaru Outback at 35k. Not covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with most of that minus the Benz part. My wife had 2 and both went 50k miles with no issues whatsoever, and minimal maintenance. Any company can have a lemon.
50K isn't a comparison. That's only a test drive. I expect modern vehicles to go100,000 before any real maintenance. And 250-300,000+ before engine replacement.

50K isn't a comparison. That's only a test drive. I expect modern vehicles to go100,000 before any real maintenance. And 250-300,000+ before engine replacement.

Agree

50 K isn't much
Nothing should go wrong in 50k

My 06 expedition that I bought at a repo auction six years ago for next to nothing now has 220 on it

There's a reason a 7 yr old Chevy and a 7 year old BMW have about the same resale value even though the BMW cost double when it was new

You do not want to own a European car after the warranty expires

The poster said it was in the shop 10 times in 10k miles

That's a lemon for sure

I bought my 04 expedition with 105k on it in 2010 for $6k at an auction
Appeared to be in excellent condition but no way to know

My father bought his 2006 expedition brand new when he was 70 years old and has taken very good care of it ,
It now has 80k on it

It's a total lemon and has Been repaired at the ford stealership over FIFTY TIMES

AC system totally replaced three different times
Compressor . all hoses included to the rear AC , evaporator under the dash , condenser etc

Entire brake system replaced twice
Master cylinder , vacuum booster , all hard lines. All flex hoses , all calipers and rotors etc

Power windows and switches and all wires

Power mirrors replaced three times

The front core support rusted so bad the front fenders literally started sagging , ford spent $8k just on labor to repair the rust .

It goes on and on

His car is the best commercial for Honda and Toyota I've ever seen

The dealership and ford refuse to tell him how much money they have spent on warranty repairs
the liars at the stealership keep claiming they don't know
Hmmm. I bet the chick that sends the invoice to ford to get paid for the labor knows how much it is , but they refuse to tell

I wanted to document exactly how much Ford has spent on repairs
I'm sure it's far more than the car sold for new

They tried to lemon law it but the third qualifying repair was TWO DAYS past the 24 month window for lemon law in the state they live in

I'm just glad they bought the extended warranty
Best $2500 they've ever spent

But he won't buy a Japanese car
When the WW-II era people finally pass away, Ford and GM and Chrysler are toast

But he won't buy a Japanese car
When the WW-II era people finally pass away, Ford and GM and Chrysler are toast

Actually disagree, At Chrysler, Dodge has done a great job of reviving old muscle cars and gaining a very large following, and Jeep is still seen very strong. Ford F150 still outsells any Jap truck by a large margin and their Mustang is doing great, Chevy has the Vette and Camaro which have both done well. I'm not saying they won't kill half the models they have now, just that they won't go away.

Back
Top Bottom