• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kia Telluride?

The first time I actually heard of a Telluride was in that thread where you took pictures sitting in one. I thought then (still do) that they were good looking cars. I'm not sure about spending that much money on a Kia. If I'm spending a bunch of money, I'd rather it be on a Toyota. I got her to looking at new Highlanders and it may be easier than I thought to sway her.
When I worked for IAP they handled Toyota too. Granted not nearly as many Toyotas as Kia and Hyundai. But I got to drive Highlanders from processing to the load line and even though I like the boxy looks of the Telluride better there's no way I would pick that over the Toyota if the price was anywhere close.
Now let me throw a third option out there and confuse things even more. While at the port I worked briefly for WWL which handled Subaru and high end stuff like Jag Land Rover Maserati and Astin Martin. I drove a lot of Foresters and I like them as much as ANY Toyota. I thino I would dig the Outback even more since it looks more like a station wagon. But we never got any of those since they're built in Indiana. But over the years I've noticed that Subaru people are at least as brand loyal as Toyota people. Plus I THINK you could probably get a Forester or Outback for less than a Highlander and its all wheel drive. With any other brand you have to pay extra for AWD.

I don’t want car payments they suck

but back to OP original question

I haven’t heard anything about them yet , but I am sure it’s coming .
They seem really nice but finding parts and getting things under warranty is a big pain with company called KiA

I had a lot trouble getting customers cars warranty thru them and if their engine failed they better have all receipts on this been done and approved oil filter or they decline you

but like I stated they look nice

When it goes over 100k without needing something major or constant attention, get back to us. I know more than one person with Toyota with will over 200k still on the road with no issues. One coworker finally parked his 2000 PreRunner when it hit 490k because his wife wanted something else, and it was still doing everything it was supposed to and he only ever had to do regular maintenance. When I asked my mechanic what vehicle he'd buy a couple of years ago, he said "I spend all day dealing with other peoples car problems, I have 4 Toyota's because I don't like having my own car problems to deal with".
this is it...

I worked on cars for 35 years..

I drive Toyotas and Hondas
cause I don't want to have to work on them...

Toyota is a reliable and great. They also have there luxury line called LEXUS. Not luxurious about a Highlander
You are exactly right about the Highlander not being a luxury vehicle. Since 1987 I’ve driven 3 pickup trucks and I use them to do light hauling with my business. I wanted a smaller vehicle with capacity to haul @1500 lbs and I kind of like the truck feel! The Highlander checks all these boxes. My wife drives an Acura RDX and it is quieter and rides smoother, but doesn’t have the load capacity I need. I can finally park my vehicle in my garage for the first time in 34 years:D

The first time I actually heard of a Telluride was in that thread where you took pictures sitting in one. I thought then (still do) that they were good looking cars. I'm not sure about spending that much money on a Kia. If I'm spending a bunch of money, I'd rather it be on a Toyota. I got her to looking at new Highlanders and it may be easier than I thought to sway her.
With the Toyota you take your beating up front with the sticker price. With Kia, Hyundai, Mopar you take your beating later on the resale value.

Back
Top Bottom