• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kia Telluride?

The warranty is a sale pitch, any vehicle can make 100k miles with proper maintenance it's what comes after and KIA doesn't have it. Expensive to keep on the road when the mileage and age gets up in numbers.

I'm not saying I disagree, and I have never owned a KIA, but why doesn't every other car maker offer a 100k warranty if its simply a sales pitch? You think if someone like KIA can offer it, then so should everyone else.

I'm not saying I disagree, and I have never owned a KIA, but why doesn't every other car maker offer a 100k warranty if its simply a sales pitch? You think if someone like KIA can offer it, then so should everyone else.

It’s a 10yr/100k mile POWERTRAIN warranty, not bumper to bumper so it sounds better than it really is.

All MFGs do offer it, but they charge for it via extended warranty or certification programs. Kia just bakes it into the price. It’s good marketing for the segment.

Admittedly, their bumper to bumper warranty of 5 year/60k is better than everyone else’s. Although, Paint and Audio electronics are are only covered for 36 months. Most MFGs warranty their paint a lot longer than that.

Is it just me or does the Telluride look an awfully lot like a Range Rover. The first time I saw one, I thought that was what it was until I saw the badging. Coincidence? Probably not.

Rosewood

I'm biased I guess. Toyota, Honda.....if I had to pick a third I would try a suburu.

I like standard automatics (no CVT's, avoid timing belts where I can, avoid turbos and avoid GDI (too dirty on the oil).

That is why I like Toyotas seems easier to get. Hyundai and Kia I have heard mixed things if you buy one new I guess you have the 10 year warranty if they will honor it.

Used car prices right now is like housing........bonkers.

How does one justify 800-1000 car payment to something that the value is tanking daily? (no judgement, I just I hope I learned my lesson so I drive old crap lol)

Trust me, Subaru shouldnt be in the same conversation. Their CVT is junk, generally you have to fight SOA to warranty anything that isnt blatant. Id take a Hyundai anyday. Im also on my 3rd subaru. Im a glutten for abuse.

Idiot's

Which is the same answer for Who in the hell buys a KIA.

Kia and Hyundai actually employ americans and build their cars here. Kia plant just outside of LaGrange, Hyundai Plant just over the line in Montgomery. Fit and finish on both are MUCH better than the big 3 right now. In fact Hyundai/Kia are currently the top rated SUVs on the market today.

Kia and Hyundai actually employ americans and build their cars here. Kia plant just outside of LaGrange, Hyundai Plant just over the line in Montgomery. Fit and finish on both are MUCH better than the big 3 right now. In fact Hyundai/Kia are currently the top rated SUVs on the market today.

I am aware that the foreign auto manufacturers have plants in the United States and put Americans to work. I have no qualms with that and anybody that does is turning a blind eye to the global economy. What I am saying is that the cars do not last. I have been in the automotive industry for over 40 years. KIA and Hyundai may be great for the first 100k, but once they get up in age and years they are money pits because the quality is not there for the long haul.

I am aware that the foreign auto manufacturers have plants in the United States and put Americans to work. I have no qualms with that and anybody that does is turning a blind eye to the global economy. What I am saying is that the cars do not last. I have been in the automotive industry for over 40 years. KIA and Hyundai may be great for the first 100k, but once they get up in age and years they are money pits because the quality is not there for the long haul.
So you have experience with Kia and Hyundai in the past 7-8 years? They are no longer the laughing stock of the car community. The Genesis line is even taking down BMW, Mercedes, and Audi in the luxury line ups.

Back
Top Bottom