• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

kicked out of hunt club for posting a pic

ConRon

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
15   0
Reaction score
on labor day weekend i went down to the club to plant my plots and check camera and fill feeder. i got a good pic on my camera and since i am a member on facebook group i decided to post the pic like many other hunters do. boast about what may be, ya know. yesterday i get a call from the pres saying that im out. I ask why and he said a freind of a friend showed him my post/pic. I said ok....Im sorry. didnt realize that posting a picture was against club rules. he actually told me it wasnt and I said then whats the problem. "we just dont do that" was his response. crazy and weird to me. he actually told me, and I quote..."now all those hunters are going to come down here and ride the roads at night and come on to my property in the middle of the night to kill it". no one in the club is on facebook or use the internet really. someone saw it, showed his dad the pic and that guy is apparently a friend of his......this isnt just a rant i wasnt going back next year anyway. this guy is unethical. i like to follow rules and he hunts rabbits at night in june, kills hens in and out of turkey season, literally says there are no hens on his club and has told me on several ocassions that he will shoot any 10 point at night or on the road and throws all of his carcasses on to his neighbors land. He doesnt care
so my question to yall is.....1)am I right in being flabbergasted about this or
2) am I wrong? should i have not posted a pic from my camera on my feeder on my plot?
is this dude crazy?

If there is no rule and you did not give any specifics about where your club is located you did nothing wrong. Chances are he knew you were leaving and was looking for a reason to give you the boot. Have you already paid? If he kicked you out today you should be due a refund for the remaining days left in this season.

My buddie and I were in a club that sounds like about the same situation and we got out. Best move we ever made. In a club now with great folks and deer.

Hang in there, it will work out and you will be better off for it.

to answer both your questions, i would be just as flabbergasted as you so i think you are 100% in the right to feel that way and i do not believe you did anything wrong whatsoever, your a member of that club which means you have every right to take whatever picture you want and put it wherever you want.

If this were me i would look at a couple of different options. A. inspect any covenants or anything like that first to see if you actually broke any written rule. If you didnt i would first try to explain it to him and see if he could be reasonable, if he refuses and you paid i would demand my money back or inform them that they will get in contact with a lawyer (the threat alone will probobly be enough) if he still refuses you probobly could actually get a lawyer to fight it but most likely wouldnt be worth it.

if none of these options worked well then you know already what bugs him so i would post as many pictures of the property as possible, post directions and gate entrances, i'd personally do whatever i could to make his blood boil if someone treated me like that. Hell with the stories you have maybe have a nice conversation with your local game warden

Back
Top Bottom