• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kidney Stones

I’ve had two, the first took months to pass, the second took a few days. Three main things the doctor told me to do to prevent them

1. Don’t drink too many high sugar drinks, such as coke.
2. If you get up to pee in the middle of the night, replenish yourself with a few swallows of water. Try not to let your kidneys run dry.
3. Natural citrus is your friend. Even if you drink a lot of water, sometimes add a slice of lime or lemon to it.

I’m afraid to take the flomax. I think its in the badder now. Calm before the storm; guess I just need to down a bunch of liquid, take the flomax and give it whirl. If y’all hear a loud scream, that’ll be coming from Woodstock.
Good luck. Got a leather strap to bite on?
This entire thread is making my eyes water....

I’m afraid to take the flomax. I think its in the badder now. Calm before the storm; guess I just need to down a bunch of liquid, take the flomax and give it whirl. If y’all hear a loud scream, that’ll be coming from Woodstock.
That pain hits youd lick a cats ass to get relief

My last kidney stone episode triggered a stroke.

Glad you are ok. That stinks. I’ve only had one and it got stuck in ureter between kidney and bladder. Horrible experience. Was living in apartment by myself relocating at the time. I left the door unlocked two nights so if I ended up calling 911 they could get in without braking down the door! I can manage pain well, but hard when you can’t catch your breath due to pain level lasting about 45 minutes each time. Ended up with surgery and that was also a nightmare. Today I enjoy every pain free pee pee. Ha

I’ve had them 6 times now - when I walk into the emergency room and describe the pain they take me back and start the opioids stat before the MRI.

The last time I had one I recognized the early symptoms and was able to avoid the worse part of the pain without medication.

I’ve learned to NEVER allow myself to become dehydrated - haven’t had one in about 4 years.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom