• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kids fishing set up?

I tried to convince my wife my kids need this. It's for the children.

IMG_6529.JPG

Start a petition to present to her, I'll sign it for ya.....................................condition, you have to take me fishin.

You'll have to do more than that if he gets the boat with a signed petition

Absolutely a zebco 33, it's what my dad started me on. Since I love to fly fish as well get him and yourself an eagle claw fiberglass 5 weight fly rod and some flies. Hard to beat catching bream and bass on them and then their is also trout.

I caught many, many, many a bass, bluegill/brem growing up with a Zebco 202. By the time I retired it at 20 the bearings where so worn the reel would "chime" when turned. The rod fell apart but that old reel is on a shelf in a place of honor. As others are saying, a 33 is a great choice at this time. Best of luck!

Thanks to all the info

I'm going to try to awnser all the questions. It's an open face. Both my kids can put it through a tire 15 out of 20 times at about 30 feet. They always manually flip it instead of realing it to flip it back. There have been plenty of lost weights in the back yard while learning though. Had to restring it twice just while they were learning.

It's similar to the Shakespeare contender. It's a rod and real set up. The rod is very flexible. Should l try to get a stiffer one. Mostly fishing with fake bate. Nothing live yet except for the occasional worm.
Then I'd just stick to that, the Contender, since they are used to it. http://www.shakespeare-fishing.com/...er-spinning-combo/1373059.html#specifications I'd get the medium power in the 6' (they don't need too light or too heavy or too long as all of things could get them into aggravating trouble.
)

Back
Top Bottom