• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killboy - Deals Gap

There are still guys on there now, claiming that the car tire handles better than a motorcycle tire...

IF, and that's a big if, that is true, then it tells me that the maker of the bike completely phoned it in when they designed it... that the bike itself handles so poorly, that fitting a tire from a Prius to it doesn't have a negative impact... LOL

https://www.facebook.com/killboydot...11220253139/10155210482028140/?type=3&theater

The logic here baffles me...
2017-04-06 11_01_44-killboy.com - Posts.png

Yeah, I am tired of only getting 1,800 miles out of a rear, or one afternoon if I do a track day at Tally and shred the left side of my tire in one day...

Run-flat car tires for me from now on!

Yeah, I am tired of only getting 1,800 miles out of a rear, or one afternoon if I do a track day at Tally and shred the left side of my tire in one day...

Run-flat car tires for me from now on!

Imagine the cornering advantage you will have as well. The rest of the field won't be able to touch you.

Imagine the cornering advantage you will have as well. The rest of the field won't be able to touch you.

While we laugh, they actually claim that this is true. It's insane to think that a car tire, that is designed and contructed to be run flat to the ground and not flex, is somehow better up on it's sidewall and corner of the tire, than a motorcycle tire designed to be leaned over...

While we laugh, they actually claim that this is true. It's insane to think that a car tire, that is designed and contructed to be run flat to the ground and not flex, is somehow better up on it's sidewall and corner of the tire, than a motorcycle tire designed to be leaned over...

It's the man feeding you bogus info so he can keep his pockets fat.

I'd also be kinda interested to see how long of life they are REALLY getting out of those tires. My main worry would be if your doing a lot of cornering then your just going to run the sidewall out superfast and have to replace it anyways, just like all those guys with their tires cambered way the **** out so they are only riding the lip, it destroys them super fast.

I occasionally ride with a couple of guys who run car tires on the back of their goldwings and sportbike rear tires on the front. They swear by it. I have seen them go up and down Fort Mountain, Blood Mountain, Wolfpen, etc. Not for me, but I'm not going to try to talk them out of it.

Back
Top Bottom