• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killboy - Deals Gap

Yeah, I am tired of only getting 1,800 miles out of a rear, or one afternoon if I do a track day at Tally and shred the left side of my tire in one day...

Run-flat car tires for me from now on!

One of the reasons i let my VTR1000 go in favor of an SV650 lol. Similar (albeit less) power profile, less tire chewing.

Of course you could also go to a tire like a Dunlop Roadsmart II. I got a little over 6500 miles out of my last set on the ST1100 and they are sticky enough to get it down to the pegs and drag a knee. If I get another SV650 I might try a set on it just to see how well they do when you really give them a push at the track.. that said I don't have any unused strips in the tires on the ST from my run on the dragon so clearly I pushed them hard enough for street duty

Imagine the cornering advantage you will have as well. The rest of the field won't be able to touch you.
It looks safe to me? :noidea: Same as this guy with a motorcycle tire?

img_8499.jpg

I'd also be kinda interested to see how long of life they are REALLY getting out of those tires. My main worry would be if your doing a lot of cornering then your just going to run the sidewall out superfast and have to replace it anyways, just like all those guys with their tires cambered way the **** out so they are only riding the lip, it destroys them super fast.

That's a good point... A MC tire is designed with support and thick tread on the sides, because of the lean angle...

A car tire doesn't have that tread on the side. The side wall is to support the tread area, not BE the tread area...

People "swear by it" because they are cheap, and want to feel empowered that they "know better" and are "sticking it to the man"... LOL

It looks safe to me? :noidea: Same as this guy with a motorcycle tire?

View attachment 1127049

That guy isn't a rider, he is a biker. He is putting form over function and his bike has a "custom" flat black paint job because he couldn't afford new plastics after he wrecked it... haha

If you are gonna put a fat ass tire on the back of your sportbike, at least use the Pirelli that the Ducati Diavel uses... Yeah, it's a 250 wide tire, but the profile is the same as the 190 series, meaning it is tall and "peaky" and designed to be leaned over on its side in a turn....

Back
Top Bottom