• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killboy - Deals Gap

Nice, helping out the young riders!

Speaking of young riders, the parking lot was full of bikes Sunday at T.W.O. but I don't think I saw anyone under 35 years old except the girl behind the counter taking food orders. Why the decline of new riders over the years? Bikes cost to much with maintenance and insurance? Scared of motorcycle's? More interested in playing video games and smoking a bowl all day with their friends? Other???? Where's the new riders??
little bit of everything. insurance rates are very high for younger riders for anything sporty. Price of a new sport bike is prohibitive (new R6 is over $10k). Not as much interest, they just want to be driven around and take uber places. My nephew just turned 16 and really could care less about having his license or a car.

the industry is starting to take notice and building bikes that are cool and will interest a new group of riders hopefully. new 250/300 bikes, new retro bikes, etc.

little bit of everything. insurance rates are very high for younger riders for anything sporty. Price of a new sport bike is prohibitive (new R6 is over $10k). Not as much interest, they just want to be driven around and take uber places. My nephew just turned 16 and really could care less about having his license or a car.

the industry is starting to take notice and building bikes that are cool and will interest a new group of riders hopefully. new 250/300 bikes, new retro bikes, etc.
Yeah, the small bikes are nice, Honda Grom, Ninja and Honda 300, the small Adventure bikes look good too! I guess another thing that has changed is everyone has a $130 + monthly cell phone bill. I didn't have to worry about a cell phone bill when I was 18, lol.

IMG_6082.JPG

Back
Top Bottom