• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killboy - Deals Gap

i dont know, i have zero problem with helmet laws. if folks want to be dumb and skirt around them then thats on them and their buddies can pick up their skull pieces.

So you would be ok with the state mandating you wear one while in a car? While riding a bicycle? While riding on a Med? What about mandating eye and sar protection while shooting or mowing the lawn?

Where does the state get the authority to mandate personal safety equipment?

Seatbelt laws at least can be argued keep the driver in the driver's seat so they can remain in or regain control.

If people want to be dumb and not wear a helmet then that's on them and their buddies can pick up their skull pieces.

So you would be ok with the state mandating you wear one while in a car? While riding a bicycle? While riding on a Med? What about mandating eye and sar protection while shooting or mowing the lawn?

Seatbelt laws at least can be argued keep the driver in the driver's seat so they can remain in or regain control.

If people want to be dumb and not wear a helmet then that's on them and their buddies can pick up their skull pieces.

a car is on a completely different basic level so lets not even try using that as an argument, riding a bicycle would be annoying but i would be ok with. i look at helmet laws as the exact same as seatbelt laws, its a basic safety law while you operate a motor vehicle on a public road. I am also for them as it more or less forces new riders who are the most likely to get into an accident to use one.

The state/Feds gets the authority to mandate whatever they please as soon as you enter a STATE or FEDERAL OWNED roadway. Just like when you enter any government property. They get the authority by laws that are voted on by the citizens in that state.

The state/Feds gets the authority to mandate whatever they please as soon as you enter a STATE or FEDERAL OWNED roadway. Just like when you enter any government property. They get the authority by laws that are voted on by the citizens in that state.

Yep, the citizens of Georgia voted for politicians who were willing to institute a law in order to get that federal gravy money.

I view the helmet laws two ways. 1. Yeah, if you want to go helmetless, that's your decision and it won't cause others harm in an accident. 2. But then there's the really good chance of a brain injury, and that's when your decision affects everyone around you. Who's going to be there by your side when you spend months in the hospital learning how to eat/speak/sit/stand/walk, who's going to take care of all of your finances/bills/house/pets/etc., who's going to start your gofundme to help with medical bills, who's going to wipe your butt for the next couple years? Loved ones quit or lose jobs to come help, spouses give up and want a divorce, the money runs out and guess who ends up paying?

It's tough being a former motorcycle racer who rides everyday and is married to a physical therapist that works with TBIs, lol. I have to be reminded everyday of what she deals with at work, but she knows I will never give up riding, and she loves to ride too.

I view the helmet laws two ways. 1. Yeah, if you want to go helmetless, that's your decision and it won't cause others harm in an accident. 2. But then there's the really good chance of a brain injury, and that's when your decision affects everyone around you. Who's going to be there by your side when you spend months in the hospital learning how to eat/speak/sit/stand/walk, who's going to take care of all of your finances/bills/house/pets/etc., who's going to start your gofundme to help with medical bills, who's going to wipe your butt for the next couple years? Loved ones quit or lose jobs to come help, spouses give up and want a divorce, the money runs out and guess who ends up paying?
I agree with you but at the same time I can see people wanting their freedom while riding a motorcycle and not told what to do. On another note.........what's your opinion about motorcycles and LOUD PIPES, lol

20837586_1640546635957531_2648897921344339968_n.jpg

Loud pipes have saved me many times, and solidly believe it. My Buell is pretty loud, sets car alarms off and drivers are aware of you. On my FZ1, I become invisible and get into predicaments pretty often.

I imagine that bike is obnoxiously loud.

I view not wearing a helmet the same way I view smoking. While I can't believe anyone with two synapses firing would defend either practice, it shouldn't be illegal. If you injure yourself and have insufficient finances to provide for your own care, well, push you out on the curb and say "next!".

Back
Top Bottom