• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killboy - Deals Gap

21753332_10155770423218140_7491451409384774939_o.jpg

I view not wearing a helmet the same way I view smoking. While I can't believe anyone with two synapses firing would defend either practice, it shouldn't be illegal. If you injure yourself and have insufficient finances to provide for your own care, well, push you out on the curb and say "next!".

Amen.

I was in South Carolina on Sunday and saw a bunch of guys, mostly on cruisers, rocking just sunglasses. I guess I ride too fast because when I wear just sunglasses they push up against my face and dont feel comfortable. To each his own though, I always rock a full field SNELL and DOT approved helmet.

What about the noise ?
Damage to their hearing ?

I've ride a time or two a short distance on dirt bike win no helmet and the wind noise at 45 mph is deafening

What about the noise ?
Damage to their hearing ?

I've ride a time or two a short distance on dirt bike win no helmet and the wind noise at 45 mph is deafening

That only affects them and is no reason for a helmet law. I'll wear PPE if I want. I don't need nanny government telling me to. If I choose not to that is on me.

That only affects them and is no reason for a helmet law. I'll wear PPE if I want. I don't need nanny government telling me to. If I choose not to that is on me.

Oh I totally agree
I'm a libertarian
I think the only things that should be illegal are depriving someone of their life , liberty , or property , through force or fraud .

I didn't imply that the govt should mandate hearing protection for bikers
But was wondering if bikers with no helmet wore earplugs of something

I didn't imply that the govt should mandate hearing protection for bikers
But was wondering if bikers with no helmet wore earplugs of something
Come on, we both know that most, but not all cruiser riders want to look like the tough guy, with the typical Pirate costume attire or lumber jack shirt. Ear plugs will make them look like sissys and they won't be able to pick up chicks while going 25mph down the road. :)

Come on, we both know that most, but not all cruiser riders want to look like the tough guy, with the typical Pirate costume attire or lumber jack shirt. Ear plugs will make them look like sissys and they won't be able to pick up chicks while going 25mph down the road. :)

:pound:

Hell, I wear ear plugs when I drive my 74 bronco with no top and no doors
Cause if I don't , after a two hour drive to blairsville I'm almost deaf for a while

Back
Top Bottom