• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Killed my j frame.

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
Today I was at the range focusing on my first shot. I spent the afternoon drawing my s&w model 60-14 from my pocket and making one shot and repeat. I came home very confident that my j frame is the one I want if I have to make the first shot count. When I draw and fire I am familiar enough to make the shot count. I came home a disassembled it to clean it. I got everything scrubbed and noticed when I was going back together that something wasn't right. I then realized the trigger pivot pin in the frame is missing. Argh my friend and companion my 100% reliable revolvers never fail revolver broke. I have carried this gun thousands of miles and thousands upon thousands of rounds. Can this be repaired? Will S&W freak out because the hammer has been bobbed?

It is like losing an old friend. I keep telling myself it's just a tool. The pin that broke is the pin that is mounted on the frame that the trigger pivots on.

Probably both over the years. I normally try to maintain a steady press
The only thing I can think of is the pin was weak to begin with, you were putting sideways pressure in the trigger and the pin, or both. Either way S&W should repair it or replace the frame. I don’t know what or even if there would be anything said about the bobbed hammer.

Did the trigger stud break off or when you look at the place it belongs ..do you have a hole , like the whole unit just fell out.
They are replaceable, you can do it yourself, part is 3-4 dollars at Numerich. If you have a hole left where it belongs , it will be easier , if the stud actualyl broke off , you will have to get the base out.

Back
Top Bottom