• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Killing the Rising Sun" book and Japanese firearms

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
Mostly off topic but I have started reading "Killing the Rising Sun", about the downfall of the Japanese empire during WWII. It is one o f sever books in a series written by Bill O'Reilly.....they really are fantastic, easy reads. I was generally aware of the Japanese treatment of the Chinese in the middle to late 1930's (Rape of Nanking etc...) but reading about more of the details and how the Japanese treated the Filipino population after they kicked out the Americans makes the **** we hear about ISIS seem likes child's play. Sort of makes me want to take my Japanese Type 99s and 38 rifles and beat the damn things against a tree.....kidding. Anywho, puts a more evil spin on the Japanese weapons I have.

Mostly off topic but I have started reading "Killing the Rising Sun", about the downfall of the Japanese empire during WWII. It is one o f sever books in a series written by Bill O'Reilly.....they really are fantastic, easy reads. I was generally aware of the Japanese treatment of the Chinese in the middle to late 1930's (Rape of Nanking etc...) but reading about more of the details and how the Japanese treated the Filipino population after they kicked out the Americans makes the **** we hear about ISIS seem likes child's play. Sort of makes me want to take my Japanese Type 99s and 38 rifles and beat the damn things against a tree.....kidding. Anywho, puts a more evil spin on the Japanese weapons I have.

Then you should really want to melt your German guns...

But I have been meaning to start reading the series of books.

My grandfather was in the Philippines and Guam. He said the first time they saw a dead American soldier with his "manhood" cut off and stuck in his mouth....there was no more taking prisoners bull****.

Back
Top Bottom