• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kimber solo question.

Bryan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
I have put over 500 rounds through this pistol and have good reliability with 124 gr FMJ. I still have spotty reliability with any hollow point I have tried and even polymer filled HP like Critical Defense. I have FTF and just failure to go all the way into battery. I have included a few pictures of my feed ramp can someone with a solo compare it to yours and tell me if they are the same or if mine looks a little off?
SAM_0359_LI.jpg
SAM_0361_LI.jpg

These were problematic. Couple questions, did you buy it new? Have you tried a 13# Wolff spring? Have you tried Golden Saber or other "dome shaped" as compared to "cone shaped" defense rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not buy new. I don't see a spring listed for Kimber solo's by Wolff. I would hate to think that it needs a stronger spring and that the slide would be harder to rack.

The feed ramp and bezel need the geometry changed, you won't find the spring listed under Kimber Solo. You need to think of it in angles. You have an angle leaving the magazine to engage the feed ramp, the angle pushing the round free of the feeding lips and magazine into the chamber, and then the transition angle parallel to the bore and chamber. Some people prescribe to a heavy recoil spring and drive it through the feeding process. My middle daughter shoots a 2011 with a similar feed ramp and a 12# spring. Not sure of your location, but I'd suggest taking it to Andy at GA Firingline. Tell him Lizzie B's dad sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom