• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

King Of The Hill revival

This may be a little behind the curtain but stuff like this drives me up a wall. Voice actors have, for YEARS, voiced people who were not of the same skin color as they were. Apoo got canceled because his voice was white. Now Kahn and there's been a handfull of others. But Michael Rappaport can still work on Boondocks and no one cares.
100% agree. If a voice actor has the skill set that the casting director is looking for, who cares how much melanin they have?

Same here. Unfortunately, it already may be happening. They don't seem to be bringing Kahn back since his voice actor was not Asian. Kahn was hilarious.
Yeah Kahn was definitely integral to the show. But that **** is everywhere. A few years back the Simpsons did away with Apu since it was considered incorrect to have a non Indian voicing an Indian who runs a convenient store. I mean damn, how can THAT be incorrect? Maybe if they had named him Patel.

This may be a little behind the curtain but stuff like this drives me up a wall. Voice actors have, for YEARS, voiced people who were not of the same skin color as they were. Apoo got canceled because his voice was white. Now Kahn and there's been a handfull of others. But Michael Rappaport can still work on Boondocks and no one cares.
The guy that voiced Cleveland Brown was white and the guy that voiced Lester Krinklesack (one of my fave characters ever) is a 300+ lb black guy.
As for Rappaport...what a piece of ****! Gotta be the wokest Jew ever.

One of my favorite Hank lines: "When did it become racist in America to hate a man because he is a jackass"? Dale is my fav, though...

I remember that one. But Cotton always had the best lines like " Hey Hank's wife." Or " I gutted a "Nazzy' that whined less than you."

Back
Top Bottom