• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

KKM 10mm conversion barrel for Glock 41.

I've thought about doing this with my 21 but I didn't want to mess with the extractor. Good to hear you have no problems with the stock .45 parts. I know it's not a big deal but I wouldn't shoot 10mm enough to warrant it personally. May have to give it a try at some point.

I've thought about doing this with my 21 but I didn't want to mess with the extractor. Good to hear you have no problems with the stock .45 parts. I know it's not a big deal but I wouldn't shoot 10mm enough to warrant it personally. May have to give it a try at some point.
I converted specifically for hunting. Other than then it will remain in it's original 45 configuration. It's the same weapon I use for competition and a nightstand gun.

Glock 41 FTW!

Somebody always has to come along and poke their finger in the cake. Well, here I go...:yo:

I shot 40 S&W out of both my Glock 20 and 29, never had a malfunction and the G29 is a real sweet shooter with 40!

Mostly gunsmiths, will tell you not to do this because it puts too much stress on the extractor or if you have a slightly over-charged load that the case thrust might cause damage or if the rim manages to get in front of the extractor claw. Well, there are plenty of stories told at glocktalk.com that verify that nobody that has done this has run into these problems.

I am not condoning or suggesting that anyone try this but just telling my story.

YMMV.

P.S. 40 can be a pretty cheap substitute for 10mm also.

I have also been known to say "I am not condoning or suggesting anyone try this, but here, hold my beer and watch this." Sometimes it results in a trip to the ER. But shooting .40 in a 10mm is not one of them as it is pretty much like shooting .38 special in a .357 revolver. However, there are reasons that the Glock will do this more safely than other firearms. (Not trying to love on Glock here.) Ironically, my KKM barrel conversion barrel has resulted in quite a few FTE's and I have determined that running a slightly modified G23 .40 extractor works much better than the Model 41's .45 extractor. And of course, it handles the .40's very well and is more pleasurable and cheaper to shoot than 10mm and I don't think anyone will argue with you on that.

As a matter of fact, a few years back when KKM was making a G21 conversion to 10mm barrel, they included a statement in their description that told us to do the "KKM modification" on the 21's extractor where you slightly file down the step in order for the extractor to reach into the slide a little further. I tried the mod and it worked really well, but later on I just started using a G20 extractor, just for convenience.

Yes it is. I was concerned about the recoil damaging the weapon and when I contacted KKM about recommendations on spring weight they said "You'll have to figure that out on your own." :shocked:

I'll admit I was a little cautious the first couple of times I fired it.

I used a factory modified Sprinco unit in my G21 when I was shooting 460 Rowland out of it. Sprinco has units designed for the standard G21 and 20. Don't know about the 41, but maybe. It definitely saved my frame, and when I shot 10mm with it I could feel the bounce in the sub spring because it was just a little too stout for 10mm, but it was a heck of a lot of fun.

Put simply, it works!

Dropped the barrel, a 24lb spring and Glock 20 mags in and it ran like a sewing machine. Accurate, too. Palm size groups at 25 yards. Recoil was also very manageable.

I wasn't shooting the typical weak ass commercial loads, either. Grizzly 180gr jacketed HP with a MV of 1350fps. They generate around 725 foot pounds at the muzzle.

This got me into a 10mm long slide for around $220 rather than over $600 for a Glock 40. It weighs less than a Glock 40, too.

:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom