Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Knife Carry in Courthouses or Govt Buildings

Thread in 'Law & Order' started by GAgunLAWbooklet, Jun 29, 2019.

1. gh1950

gh1950 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

71   0

Rating
    100%
    Many courthouses and sheriff's offices, running the metal detector is a disciplinary assignment. You done screwed up and pissed someone off.

chucklenut likes this.
  2. Moe_Fugga

Moe_Fugga Also likes turtles. Supporter

Supporter

53   0

Rating
    100%
    You essentially proved a good point with that whole argument. The deputies do a good job at taking and keeping control of the courthouse. So why do we need anyone else with a firearm or weapon in the building? All that is good for is an opportunity for some crazy bastard to bring his own or jack someone else’s and use it. And the fact that we don’t hear about incidents very often proves your point as well.

There are 159 counties in GA. Not counting the multiple courtrooms in each courthouse or the additional courthouses (such as probate, magistrate, juvenile, etc) that may be separate from the “main” superior/state courthouses in each county, there are basically.....*counting*...*estimating*.....a ****-LOAD of courtrooms holding session in GA every day. The fact that you’ve witnessed what is equivalent to one day’s worth of courtroom hearings in GA PER DAY is not impressive at all. There is a lot more that happens while you aren’t there and can’t report on.

There is no need to add armed civilians to the courthouse roster. Law Enforcement obviously has it covered.

3. gh1950

71   0

Rating
    100%
    Do you even bother to read my response? The three people killed in a courthouse in in Georgia were killed with a deputies gun. Write a note of condolence to Judge Barnes family and tell them what a good job the Fulton County Sheriff did securing the courthouse.

Then Brian Nicols escaped to kill again, because no one in the courthouse had gun to stop. People were literally chasing him down the street, but without guns.

Share with us how many hearings you have witnessed, or are you sharing you vast experience you have gained from the interwebs. There are courthouses in Georgia I was in every day for years, in all courts, and not much went on the courthouse about which I was not aware.

But I'm open minded, so feel free to share your experience. The actual hearings I have observed are probably in the thousands, but I don't like to brag. Sitting through a day of probation revocations or traffic court is kinda like shooting over a baited field.

Again, I encourage you to share that sentiment with Judge Barnes family.

Or are you going to conveniently continue to ignore the one REAL example we have.

4. Moe_Fugga

Supporter

53   0

Rating
    100%
    Killings happen everyday. Wether it be a judge or a trained LEO my prayers go out to all their families because I’m connected to them more than you’ll know. The fact that it doesn’t happen in courthouses more often is the point that I am personally arguing. Why add to the opportunity list than there already is? Nichols took a handgun from a trained officer. The odds of Jim Bob retaining his weapon in a violent struggle are even less favorable.

5. gh1950

71   0

Rating
    100%
    So what you are saying is that you have no experience to base you opinion upon, and therefore your opinion is a fanciful conjecture about some perfect world you hope will come about, by and by.

"Killings happen every day" is your best premise - geez.

Again, feel free to share any empirical evidence you have to support this conclusion. Hell, at this point, I would enjoy just some anecdotal evidence.

Most of the Jim Bob's I know who go about armed are not about to get in a "violent struggle" with a convicted felon.

6. Moe_Fugga

Supporter

53   0

Rating
    100%
    Everything you say is anecdotal. Especially the bit where you claim court security is a punishment for **** ups. You hold your profession up to the standard they’ve always been known for.

I hope your courtroom ventures are trouble free. Thank an officer the next time you walk out of the courtroom unharmed. I’ll sense it and smile. :grouphug: