• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knife Pass Around- DPX HEST 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great review and the obligatory TGLB pic. Fantastic handle combo.

This is just WAY COOL of you klarktx!!! Just read through the thread, love the whole thing (except for me missing my bed time :))
Again I'm a little short (yeah, I know, "that's what she said") on posts but my feedback is 100%...
I kinda buy something every 10 posts (avg. lol) I'm going to need to go buy something this weekend...:)
I could promise you a great photo op, but only after another 850 posts :rofl:
jssm_case_bowie_(1).jpg
Knives & guns are kinda like peanut butter & jelly in my book.

Last edited:
well here are my thoughts on the knife.

Ive had it for a couple weeks now. Ive used it around the house and during alot of yard work.

Things I like:

good size for most tasks
pry bar thing on bottom came in surprisingly handy a few times.
built very very sturdy
was very sharp when I received it

Things I am not crazy about:

grips could stand to be a little more aggressive (personal opinion)
blade seems almost too thick
bottle opener kinda sucks

would i buy one? if the price is right, but I would be hard pressed to take one over some other knives in the same category.

thank you for the opportunity to try it out. Ill get it on the Leatherhead soon.

BTW cigardave had a fantastic edge on this thing when he sent it to me. I need to learn how to sharpen a knife that good.

well here are my thoughts on the knife.

Ive had it for a couple weeks now. Ive used it around the house and during alot of yard work.

Things I like:

good size for most tasks
pry bar thing on bottom came in surprisingly handy a few times.
built very very sturdy
was very sharp when I received it

Things I am not crazy about:

grips could stand to be a little more aggressive (personal opinion)
blade seems almost too thick
bottle opener kinda sucks

would i buy one? if the price is right, but I would be hard pressed to take one over some other knives in the same category.

thank you for the opportunity to try it out. Ill get it on the Leatherhead soon.

BTW cigardave had a fantastic edge on this thing when he sent it to me. I need to learn how to sharpen a knife that good.

Awesome recap EMT. I know you were stoked to get it.

Does Leatherhead have it yet?

Took the knife out for the first time today. First impression is this thing doesn't really look that used! But knowing what yall have done to it...dang this thing is tough!

Edge is sharp, no coating is missing from the blade at all. Not even scratched!

A few strike marks on the end of it.

Only missing coating I can find is underneath the pry bar.

Seems like it can really take a beating. All I did was stab the tree and chop it a bit...then threw it into the exposed roots. Not much use today.

But I'm planning on bringing it to work on Fri and seeing if I can get it some real work.

Not digging the way the sheath attaches to the belt. Seemed like I needed to take my belt completely off my pants to get it attached because I couldn't lock it on blind. So I gave up ad just slid the whole thing in my pocket.

uploadfromtaptalk1398293186777.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398293198927.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398293212225.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398293225671.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398293237322.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom