• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knife Pass Around- DPX HEST 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes please. Haha

Sweet!

And the timing could work out great- we've got a workday planned at Camp Benjamin Hawkins on May 10... We're going to be clearing brush and generally cleaning up the campsites before the summer camp season starts. If it's here by then, I promise to give it a workout :)

Sweet!

And the timing could work out great- we've got a workday planned at Camp Benjamin Hawkins on May 10... We're going to be clearing brush and generally cleaning up the campsites before the summer camp season starts. If it's here by then, I promise to give it a workout :)

Pm me your mailing address bud.....

I've just been looking at the folding version of this knife. Has anyone tried it?

Shoot blackplague42 (not sure about that number) a message- he's had a DPx folder for a long time and has really used it. Based on our conversation, he's definitely sold on their product.

Personally, I haven't used one.

I've just been looking at the folding version of this knife. Has anyone tried it?

I'm not going to hi jack this thread with a long review, but here are my quick impressions of the folder. Buy it!

I've been using it since Blade Show of last year. I work in a sheet metal fabrication shop, and this knife has held up to more than it's fair share of abuse. It is the first folder that I have carried in years, preferring fixed blades such as ESEE, Mcnees, and Danny Parris knives. I had narrowed down my search for a folder to an Emerson Journeyman, Southern Grind, and this DPx. After looking at the them all, I chose the DPx. The can opener on the back also serves as a "wave" that catches the edge of your pocket and opens the blade when you draw the knife. I have also used the opener to pry open a Pittsburgh lock on duct work and to open beer bottles, of course. The blade is strong enough to pry with, opening paint/glue cans and prying on sheetmetal duct. It holds an edge for a long time, but it is hard to sharpen. The Rockwell rating is way up there, so the cheap little pull thru sharpeners don't do any good. I use an Arkansas stone. When it does eventually get dull, find a good tv show, grab a beer and expect to spend some time working the blade back to a shaving edge.

I paid $175 out the door at Blade Show.

Any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Hey Dial. I've sent you a PM. Inbox full possibly? Let's keep moving the knife also along. I asked for an approx 2 week window. If you've got some pics and review, please share.

Thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom