• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

knife sharpeners

Ol post but I got one of these last Xmas and it goes in my keychain.
Not sure about most blade grinds but a few scrapes on the coarse v cut with my blade and it’s pleasantly sharp again on my pocket carry knife.
It’s always on my keychain so it’s very convenient.
I’ve let a few friends try it out in their pocket knives as well and they were pretty how how well it works.
Got it at bass pro.

Attachments

• 0A1B898C-45F1-4550-825A-E665121E696C.jpeg
    0A1B898C-45F1-4550-825A-E665121E696C.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 34
Great piece of equipment. My grandad taught me how to sharpen saw blades, knives, axes and about anything. I bought a Ken onion sharpener with the belts. It does work well just have to take your time and practice. But I use the above mostly and depending on the steel of the blade can get a blade hair shaving sharp quicker with the above sharpener.

yeah i figured this thread would get more replies than it has. i guess most are as clueless as i am on the subject.
thanks to the ones who have replied.
I think your requirements kind of eliminated most of the options out there. I don't think they really make a compact, light, versatile, idiot-proof system that sharpens without removing a lot of steel. The Sharpmaker suggested was probably the closest to what you are looking for. Any good system will take a little practice with though.
The tiny pull through sharpeners are cheap and functional, but they sharpen by scraping steel off the edge.

Back
Top Bottom