• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knights armament… wtf

Some of the out of spec crap I’ve seen from LMT recently boggles the mind.
Like this?

8FC595AE-58B4-47A7-BBE6-F0B2A0FC02EE.jpeg

I know most of you guys know this stuff already. This is for those that may have no insight to the inner workings of Knight's Armament.

Reed has had a relationship with Uncle Sugar and his Cowboys for many years. That is not sarcasm or jealousy, it is just what I call them. Reed is an accomplished, self made man, with a very healthy ego. He is also a decent man. But to deal with Uncle Sugar and the Cowboys, you HAVE to have a healthy ego. You go in strong and positive about what you bring to the table. Reed doesn't do it by himself (probably not at all any more??), he hires extremely talented engineers and machinists. He rarely cuts corners. He is building top tier. That does not come cheap. He understands maintaining his reputation. He was friends with Eugene Stoner. Two similar men. He is a very driven individual. I personally like him very much.

When you invest (pay up front costs) in the material, design updates and man power (salaries), you expect to be rewarded and Uncle Sugar rewards nicely. So you set your price knowing it may be a short ride. You recoup as quickly as feasibly possible. Who knows what comes next? He never prices his material for the civilian market. If Knight's is doing that, it is a new concept since I was there. So the prices appear exorbitant to most of the civilian market. Anybody price a Black Hawk helicopter? Most Civilian products don't need to pass the Cowboy's approval process. Reed only tacitly acknowledges the civilian market. His products are made strictly for Uncle Sugar and the Cowboys. Most of use don't play in that market, because top tier prices are for the top tier. That doesn't mean you aren't worthy, you just don't have the deep pockets of Uncle Sugar.

There are a lot of hoops to jump thru, but if you produce something to sell, who wouldn't want to sell to the U.S. Government?

Anybody need to lease a Black Hawk? Only $65,000 monthly.
Fuel is probably extra?

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 1.12.06 PM.png
r?

I know most of you guys know this stuff already. This is for those that may have no insight to the inner workings of Knight's Armament.

Reed has had a relationship with Uncle Sugar and his Cowboys for many years. That is not sarcasm or jealousy, it is just what I call them. Reed is an accomplished, self made man, with a very healthy ego. He is also a decent man. But to deal with Uncle Sugar and the Cowboys, you HAVE to have a healthy ego. You go in strong and positive about what you bring to the table. Reed doesn't do it by himself (probably not at all any more??), he hires extremely talented engineers and machinists. He rarely cuts corners. He is building top tier. That does not come cheap. He understands maintaining his reputation. He was friends with Eugene Stoner. Two similar men. He is a very driven individual. I personally like him very much.

When you invest (pay up front costs) in the material, design updates and man power (salaries), you expect to be rewarded and Uncle Sugar rewards nicely. So you set your price knowing it may be a short ride. You recoup as quickly as feasibly possible. Who knows what comes next? He never prices his material for the civilian market. If Knight's is doing that, it is a new concept since I was there. So the prices appear exorbitant to most of the civilian market. Anybody price a Black Hawk helicopter? Most Civilian products don't need to pass the Cowboy's approval process. Reed only tacitly acknowledges the civilian market. His products are made strictly for Uncle Sugar and the Cowboys. Most of use don't play in that market, because top tier prices are for the top tier. That doesn't mean you aren't worthy, you just don't have the deep pockets of Uncle Sugar.

There are a lot of hoops to jump thru, but if you produce something to sell, who wouldn't want to sell to the U.S. Government?

Anybody need to lease a Black Hawk? Only $65,000 monthly.
Fuel is probably extra?

View attachment 5294155r?
He wasn't just friends with Eugene Stoner. Eugene Stoner worked with Knights to design their product and perfect what he originally designed.

Back
Top Bottom