• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knives by brand

Have limited knowledge of which knives are the best. For daily use I have a case fixed blade I have used for skinning and gutting for 25 yrs. Sharpens easily but it looks like a toothpick now. Think I paid 25.00 for it. I also have several no name blades that i have continually used as utilities and they seem to perform well. My old timers are 30 plus yrs old and I have picked locks, cut cord, seatbelts, rope,used them as screwdrivers, levers and they still hold edge well. Maybe someday I will own a 100 dollar knife but that's a lot of .22 ammo I could buy with that.

lots of good knives around that price point, you can get a used benchmade auto for about that, plenty of HK and kershaw options. some of my favorite are my spyderco's. In that price point for a great all around use knife would be the spyderco manix 2, you can get these for about 80 bucks and is a super beefy folder that will take most anything you can dish out under normal use and wear, its also s30v steel so once you get it sharp it will hold an edge very well. If your looking for a camp knife find a used becker bk2, wont be able to break that one unless you try really really REALLY hard

I love my Benchmades, but about all they'll have at your price point are Grips and Mini Grips, but I never could warm up to the handle material.
I'd say get a Spyderco Delica or Endura then take the GF/wife to dinner with the change out of your hundred. Well made, decent steel and will last. Just one man's opinion.

Edited to second the Manix 2 in the post just previous to mine. S30V is a better steel as well.

31ZVJNSMYuL.jpg

Composite blade holds a wicked edge.

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1660...&qid=1512606462&sr=8-14&keywords=kershaw+leek

Love the assisted opening.

Looks like the price has gone up since I got mine.

81EaD1u5u4L._SL1500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom