• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Known Distance Appleseed to 600 yards

WinstonSmith

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Garthok Narfler
85   0
Reaction score
This past weekend I attended a Known Distance Appleseed at the CMP Marksmanship Park.

What a great event. All the instructors were awesome. One of them was a physicist that works with the military designing systems to protect our choppers from surface to air. Excellent class on wind drift and trajectory from her.

As most of you already know, the CMP range is fantastic! Damn I wish I lived closer to it. What a nice facility. We had a shooter from CMP that has probably forgotten more about shooting than I could ever hope to know come and give a talk about shooting distance. Very educational.

My efforts in putting together a rifle were not in vain. I was able to qualify. Wore my ODT shirt to represent. Fortunately I did not bring shame upon the house :). All in all, had a blast. Also met some great folks as I do at every Appleseed.

16905.jpeg
20181104_075535.jpg

Those Alabama Appleseeders are good folks. The KD clinic is a great weekend if you have the ability to travel. Oh ..attend a regular Appleseed first.

Quality folks indeed. Not only very knowledgeable but really nice folks capable of delivering instruction in a way that sinks in. Every Appleseed event I've attended has been a blast. I want a lake house next to CMP.

Quality folks indeed. Not only very knowledgeable but really nice folks capable of delivering instruction in a way that sinks in. Every Appleseed event I've attended has been a blast. I want a lake house next to CMP.
I have a hard time believng that there isn't. Del Webb type community going up out there for telecommuters. I'd buy in a heartbeat.

AR wouldn't cycle. It would feed and fire one round, and then the bolt would get stuck closed. The only way to get the bolt to go back into position is lots of percussive maintenance. I built it myself, and for some reason, I've never been able to get more than a couple rounds through it without it locking up. Have tried different BCG, different lowers, still locks up.
Someone said it might be the gas block. I can't seem to get the handguard screws to come off

AR wouldn't cycle. It would feed and fire one round, and then the bolt would get stuck closed. The only way to get the bolt to go back into position is lots of percussive maintenance. I built it myself, and for some reason, I've never been able to get more than a couple rounds through it without it locking up. Have tried different BCG, different lowers, still locks up.
Someone said it might be the gas block. I can't seem to get the handguard screws to come off

That sounds like a bitch. Wonder what it is. Could be gas block depending on what you mean by "locks up". Do you mean it wont cycle and load the next round? I dont think that would lead to an issue needing percussive persuasion though. Sounds like something isnt the right size.

Back
Top Bottom