• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Known Distance Appleseed to 600 yards

I've posted a number of times about Appleseed events. I was a competitive shooter all through high school and college using Olympic freestyle small bore rifles. even though I thought but I was a fairly good shot and knew a great deal about shooting I still picked up some very good pointers from the instructors at the Appleseed event in Macon. Dr. John who was the shoot boss at that time also helped me unlearn some bad habits that I had picked up between my competitive time period and 30 years later

I'm getting that this is not a precision fire bolt action game but a semi-auto thing? Like a 10/22 and maybe my 6920?

People do qualify with bolt action from time to time but a semiautomatic like a 10/22 is a BIG help. The 25 is more precision as the target size is quite small and each iteration is timed.

I'm getting that this is not a precision fire bolt action game but a semi-auto thing? Like a 10/22 and maybe my 6920?
I shot Rifleman several times using an Old World War II Mossberg 44US bolt action trainer with 7 round magazines. And that was in the driving rain. One of the best compliments I ever received on the firing line came from one of the volunteer instructors. He said, "Man watching you work that bolt-action it's like you're a mechanic."

Back
Top Bottom