• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Koons feeding deer in Alabama

I met a guy last week that said his wife feeds them on back porch and he now keeps tractor supply in business. He said they are buying a 40 lb back of dog food weekly :hungry:

I met a guy last week that said his wife feeds them on back porch and he now keeps tractor supply in business. He said they are buying a 40 lb back of dog food weekly :hungry:
I used to feed them when we lived in Lawrenceville. Then it got to the point that we had 8-10 a night and they began fighting among themselves and clawing up the deck. Then a couple got on the roof and ripped up a section of shingles and decking trying to get into the attic. Hated to shut them down, ‘cause we had some interesting characters.

Seems to me there ought to be a way to prevent animals from climbing the pole... that way would involve two hot wires, one on each side of the pole, these wires only insulated on the back side, the pole itself being a conductor to the ground... also involving a battery, a voltage transformer, a capacitor....

Apply a liberal application of Lithium Grease to the poles. Had the same problem at my hunting grounds -- applied the grease -- no more thieving Racoons, After a couple of attempts I stopped seeing pictures of them trying. Believe me it works....

JMHO

Back
Top Bottom