• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
I've got a few. Mostly good stuff. Had to send a few back for warranty replacement but they were great about it. The adjustability is awesome and they are fairly rigid for how thin they are.

If you're a AIWB carrier EDC and use the same belt daily, they can deform and crack where the holster "wing" pushes against the belt pressure to keep the grip turned into your body. Especially if you're seated a lot, keep your belt tight enough to actually do it's job and aren't a thin guy. If you're thicker in the mid-section from the lifting heavy in the gym or love of beer and wings they don't hold up as well over time verses the thicker belts IME.

I did some reviews for them and got some free ones over the years so I'm about as impartial as one can get.

I've got a few. Mostly good stuff. Had to send a few back for warranty replacement but they were great about it. The adjustability is awesome and they are fairly rigid for how thin they are.

If you're a AIWB carrier EDC and use the same belt daily, they can deform and crack where the holster "wing" pushes against the belt pressure to keep the grip turned into your body. Especially if you're seated a lot, keep your belt tight enough to actually do it's job and aren't a thin guy. If you're thicker in the mid-section from the lifting heavy in the gym or love of beer and wings they don't hold up as well over time verses the thicker belts IME.

I did some reviews for them and got some free ones over the years so I'm about as impartial as one can get.

I could probably lose 15 lbs or so. Maybe I'll look around a bit more. Glad I asked :)

I could probably lose 15 lbs or so. Maybe I'll look around a bit more. Glad I asked :)

Here's what I've run for the last 3 years daily carry AIWB. The Gen 1's are currently on sale and only about $12 more than the Kore belts right now. These are 100% bullet proof and will last forever. Even more adjustability than the Kore with a really basic design that works great. Not much to look at but one of the most solid EDC belts you can wear.

https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=135_136_142_176

Here's what I've run for the last 3 years daily carry AIWB. The Gen 1's are currently on sale and only about $12 more than the Kore belts right now. These are 100% bullet proof and will last forever. Even more adjustability than the Kore with a really basic design that works great. Not much to look at but one of the most solid EDC belts you can wear.

https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=135_136_142_176

I really appreciate it. I'm actually looking for more of a leather style, dress type too. I don't see any on their site. Are you aware of any by Ares?

I have one,it’s all right. I barely wear it, the buckle/locking mechanism is kinda large and it’s doesn’t flex at all. I’m going to try the next belt or something from blue alpha gear next.​

I really appreciate it. I'm actually looking for more of a leather style, dress type too. I don't see any on their site. Are you aware of any by Ares?

Nope. Ares is pretty much geared toward hard core use and the tactical side of things.

Honestly, Kore might be the way to go if you rotate a few of them based on what your needs are.

I have a leather Kore belt I wear when needed and it's been fine because I only use it every so often. I'm not a style guy and am not required to dress up for work beyond functional clothing so my Ares belt choice was more of a "one super solid belt for most occasions" and a few options for when I do need to look more presentable.

Kore just didn't do well in my EDC environment with a Tier 1 holster and a G19 with spare mag. I carry literally everyday all day long and I'm up and down all day. So the ones I used just didn't hold up. Again, with a few in rotation you might not have the same issues.

Back
Top Bottom