• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Korth revolvers are they worth it?

Really? That's hideous, IMO.

$8K is a lot. You can get a fully customized tricked-out S&W for half that. The Pythons-- as no one can work on them any more (no parts), are safe queens if the owners have any sense.
It's fugly for sure but the Korth .357's from the 70's & 80's looked pretty good. Those were ridiculously expensive then too. I have a 1985 bright stainless 6" Python I bought sometime in the 90's unfired NIB with the manual that I only paid $500 for. I fired 6 rounds through it once, it's since been my one and only safe queen, my youngest son will get it one day.

It's fugly for sure but the Korth .357's from the 70's & 80's looked pretty good. Those were ridiculously expensive then too. I have a 1985 bright stainless 6" Python I bought sometime in the 90's unfired NIB with the manual that I only paid $500 for. I fired 6 rounds through it once, it's since been my one and only safe queen, my youngest son will get it one day.
Well if your youngest makes you really mad and you wanna double your money, I'm your man. Haha

Well if your youngest makes you really mad and you wanna double your money, I'm your man. Haha
Thanks man but in his almost 35 years he's never made me that mad. I'm a very lucky man to have two of the best sons a man could ever hope to have. I turned down $3000 for it once because my son asked me to leave it to him, when I told him about it he said "Thanks dad but, HAVE YOU LOST YOUR DAMN MIND?!" Lol!

It's a Korth Sky Hawk, a 6-shot 9mm revolver that, unlike most 9mm revolvers, does not require moon clips.

They also make another version called the Sky Marshal.

Thanks.

9mm is still a great idea philosophically in a revolver. You can use a short light cylinder, and the high pressure makes it effective from a short barrel. However, I hear tales of bullets getting pulled from the cases. No personal experience though.

they are very nice . Its all about what the buyer wants. I dont care for revolvers so id never buy one but I have paid that much for a single firearm that really has the same amount of usefulness as a Korth would bring.

Back
Top Bottom