• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kroger sale

Low and behold. Miracles will nevah cease. My local Kroger, deep, deep, deep deep, in da ghetto, actually had some brisket in stock. I was going to buy one at Walmart but it's $3.89/lb so I looked on the Kroger app and saw I could "pick up" brisket for $1.99/lb and I bought two and prepaid while standing in front of the chicken wings. Never used the "pick up."

Not too bad. Just let them know when I was there (within the window 30 minutes) and they brought out two beef briskets and put them in the car in under 5 minutes. I saw some in the meat counter too, I can't remember the last time I saw a brisket (not corned already) in the meat case in this store.

I think I'll trim one up in the morning and give a good lovin' rub down and smoke it Tues. One is in the freezer. Hell any beef for $2/lb is a deal during this time of "slight transitory inflation."

For the trimmings, I'm thinking of buying a grinder (I could it use it for a lot of things). Does anyone use this one? Seems like it might be a good deal for something I'd use four to five times per year.
Meat Grinder

Low and behold. Miracles will nevah cease. My local Kroger, deep, deep, deep deep, in da ghetto, actually had some brisket in stock. I was going to buy one at Walmart but it's $3.89/lb so I looked on the Kroger app and saw I could "pick up" brisket for $1.99/lb and I bought two and prepaid while standing in front of the chicken wings. Never used the "pick up."

Not too bad. Just let them know when I was there (within the window 30 minutes) and they brought out two beef briskets and put them in the car in under 5 minutes. I saw some in the meat counter too, I can't remember the last time I saw a brisket (not corned already) in the meat case in this store.

I think I'll trim one up in the morning and give a good lovin' rub down and smoke it Tues. One is in the freezer. Hell any beef for $2/lb is a deal during this time of "slight transitory inflation."

For the trimmings, I'm thinking of buying a grinder (I could it use it for a lot of things). Does anyone use this one? Seems like it might be a good deal for something I'd use four to five times per year.
Meat Grinder
Awesome! Now you can stay in the macongo. That’s so awesome! Lol

Meat Grinder

I would up it to this one you’ll be happier in the long run. Doesn’t matter how much you use it compared to the pounds you are grinding. You want everything to stay as cold as possible so speed is important

Back
Top Bottom