• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

KS47 rifle kit- $299- Free shipping

I saw these when they were first listed and it makes me wonder if there aren't issues with them. I've had a 7.62x39 AR for over 20 years and feed ramps and mags are always suspect. Even with the correct mags, FTF seems to happen occasionally if you are shooting HP ammo. Good buy if these work correctly.

Everything I have read seems to indicate that these rifles need a little tweaking to get them to really run right. I'm debating whether or not its worth running through a mag at an indoor range. Either way, for $299+tax, I just couldn't say no.

From what I've read you have to grind the feedlips on your mags a bit to get it to feed right and you can't rest the rifle on the mag while shooting. Also the bolts are ground down from 5.56 bolts so there might be some concern about longevity/ruggedness of the bolt.

I am wondering if someone cancelled their order and it put one back in stock when I checked... or their inventory might be off and my order will get cancelled.

You're welcome :)

Bought two of them and cancelled order. I didn't find the information that they would take a standard lower. I was at work and researching as fast as possible, but decided to cancel order instead of taking a chance. Looks like I may have reacted too quickly. Someone that gets one, verify whether they work on a standard lower and I will try again next time.

With companies like PA doing $6.39 PMAGS and steel case .223 being as cheap as 7.62x39, I see no appeal in an AK/AR mutant platforms unless you are a die hard AK fan and have a crap ton of mags and ammo laying around. Other than that, whats the point?

Why the 10 over the 7?
Because 7" uppers typically run pistol the pistol gas system, which are most always WAY over gassed. 10"+ typically run carbine gas systems which are less gassy, but still too much as well (still less harsh than pistols gas systems). This can be remedied by smaller gas ports, but most of the time people just use H2/H3 buffers or unreliable adj gas blocks for the bandaid fix since manufactures run larger ports to cycle weak commercial ammo.

You're welcome :)

Bought two of them and cancelled order. I didn't find the information that they would take a standard lower. I was at work and researching as fast as possible, but decided to cancel order instead of taking a chance. Looks like I may have reacted too quickly. Someone that gets one, verify whether they work on a standard lower and I will try again next time.
Hey thanks! But in all seriousness, the product description is lacking - at least where the kit itself is concerned.

Okay so mine showed up. A couple of observations...
Wow that was fast shipping
This is a carbine upper - the one that I posted up before is a midlength, so that was a little unexpected
The upper looks like it's forged, which is a little scary. I am going to attempt mating it up to a lower a little later tonight and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom