• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

KSG Owners: Two Tips For Increasing Reliability

Amorrenzin

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   1
Reaction score
I figured I'd share this. I was working in a new KSG and noticed a few things about the gun. Do this and it'll make life a little more enjoyable!

1) Tighten your mag tube selector screw: This is the screw on the mag tube selector that looks like it holds the selector onto the shotgun. Correct, but it serves a dual purpose. This screw also, in essence, controls the sensitivity of the shell elevator. The tighter the screw, the more sensitive the elevator and therefore less "authority" is required to bring it down. All this means the tighter this screw, the less authority you have to pump the KSG. This also means the looser the screw, the harder it is to cycle the gun and it is less reliable overall.

2) Dremel out half of the first section of the bottom picatinny rail: The bottom picatinny rail out of box is a little too long. The reason I say this is because when you pump the gun all the way back, it has to move the slide lock out of the way to achieve the full cycle. This gives a little wall of resistance that makes it a little awkward to pump the gun. If you pump the gun back and look at the overlap, you can mark the overlap and file it off. Also, this is harmless since there are no screw attachment points or anything being covered by the polymer. A harmless modification that makes the operation of the pump smoother, and easier to work.

If it helps, I'm glad. If it doesn't, sorry. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom