• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kz 1000 help

Well they sell points for a similar engine.
First thing I would check is that you have the points gapped.
I had a engine with a weak spark because the points were in constant contact basically.

If I recall and I could be wrong the 83's had a electronic ignition,Could be the pulsing coil or ignitor is going bad,but probably just old coils that might need replacing on a 30+ yr old bike,good luck

Thr guy who I got it from melted the pos cable dont know how.but the spark is weak I bought an igniter off eBay no change in also buying a new stator and rotor.im hoping that will do it it's a clean bike. Dont make them like these anymore..

I think you have a bad regulator/rectifier if that pos cable melted.I had a 900 that happened too and that's what after swapping parts out I found to be the problem.Yours might be tho different,just sayin you might consider that a part of the problem

Rotor and stator is only to keep battery charged up , are you sure you have a good HOT BATTERY.check all wires/connections to coils and ignition module. Check crank position sensor also. Check continuity of wires/connections with Ohm meter. Google and youtube for locations of sensors/wire color code for connections

Back
Top Bottom