• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kz 1000 help

Ok so I bought this 1983 kz 1000p my problem is I have week spark any suggestions
regulator, insufficient voltage to coils, improper ground..checking primary and secondary resistance on coils..faulty CD box..crap on magnetic pickup, weak battery ..could be alot of things but mostly corroded connections at coil power wires..

Thr guy who I got it from melted the pos cable dont know how.but the spark is weak I bought an igniter off eBay no change in also buying a new stator and rotor.im hoping that will do it it's a clean bike. Dont make them like these anymore..
check it first..no need to buy they usually dont go bad..25 years racing KZ1000s and never had a charging issue

Thr guy who I got it from melted the pos cable dont know how.but the spark is weak I bought an igniter off eBay no change in also buying a new stator and rotor.im hoping that will do it it's a clean bike. Dont make them like these anymore..
trying to crank it over and over will overheat the cable and solenoid..usually because the carbs are not cleaned

I don't work on those.
If it is similar to a diesel generator on an rv, then the tech I was around would clean up things with sandpaper and there might still be a gap.
nothing to work on with these..just got to check signal output and voltage input while cranking.reluctor wheel breaks magnetic signal and fires the CD box and coils

Reactions: MRM
I see said the blind man!
Troubleshooting can be fun.

I never did upgrade from points in the cars that I had that had them.

Back
Top Bottom