• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lack of Workers

To run my shift (3rd) I need 36 people, tonight I had 17. I'm supposed to get around 10 new hires tomorrow from their training class today. 5 won't make it till the end of the week. Job is easy super easy. Simply load and unload parts. Plenty of OT and double time if you want it. No one wants it though.

To run my shift (3rd) I need 36 people, tonight I had 17. I'm supposed to get around 10 new hires tomorrow from their training class today. 5 won't make it till the end of the week. Job is easy super easy. Simply load and unload parts. Plenty of OT and double time if you want it. No one wants it though.

Where can I find job info? I can send solid people your way.

While I agree that a lot of people are lazy and entitled. That only covers a portion of the problem. A lot of people are tired of working for jerks; never getting promotions or raises they’re qualified for, a lot of people I know are being forced to get the vax or lose their jobs, so they quit. Nepotism running amuck inside corporations, having to put up with terrible customers all the time with no recourse or systems in place to take the edge off, being asked to work unreasonable hours. Some people would like to have a better balance in life. If you can’t understand this, perhaps it’s not the mass exodus of people quitting who are the problem.

While I agree that a lot of people are lazy and entitled. That only covers a portion of the problem. A lot of people are tired of working for jerks; never getting promotions or raises they’re qualified for, a lot of people I know are being forced to get the vax or lose their jobs, so they quit. Nepotism running amuck inside corporations, having to put up with terrible customers all the time with no recourse or systems in place to take the edge off, being asked to work unreasonable hours. Some people would like to have a better balance in life. If you can’t understand this, perhaps it’s not the mass exodus of people quitting who are the problem.
BS..The balance is earned not given...GLWS

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. You have to earn your life not being completely swallowed by working for someone else. If you cannot see that attitudes like yours are why people don’t wanna work. Then idk what to tell you, chief.

Exactly! The issue is that people no longer want to put in the time to 'earn' their position, these are the same people that think they deserve $15 an hour for a minimum wage job. I'm pretty damn tired of the entitlement BS, get an education - get a better paying job, get experience in a trade - get a better paying job, it's not rocket science!

Exactly! The issue is that people no longer want to put in the time to 'earn' their position, these are the same people that think they deserve $15 an hour for a minimum wage job. I'm pretty damn tired of the entitlement BS, get an education - get a better paying job, get experience in a trade - get a better paying job, it's not rocket science!
Y’all are twisting what I said. There are people who put in the time, started from the bottom and either due to nepotism or politics or other external factors, will never get promoted. I’m not disputing the necessity for hard work and experience. I am however saying that sometimes hard work isn’t enough and to say otherwise is disingenuous.

I dislike my job and most days just survive until 11 because I know its almost lunch and then until 4 because I leave at 4:30. Over the past year its literally caused me health issues. Every Friday I make it to 4:30 is a win I didnt die. Yet I get up everyday and still come in early and work until the bell because its the right thing to do. I fake it until I make it or break.
I see all these opportunities to sit at home and get paid. I have not seen how to sop that gravy train. I would sit at home for $20/hr. I have plenty to do to keep me busy. I would also jump ship if I saw opportunity elsewhere. I would love for someone to show me how to coach surf for 70k a year and I dont like to watch tv
Plenty of sales jobs out there that don't have a home office you have to drive to every day, its a digital world, there are probably just as many remote work jobs out there as in person jobs (at least ones anyone would want to do anyway). Run searches on the job search engines for remote jobs. There are thousands....

And you do know that working from home is not couch surfing right....the only difference in the work is that you don't have a mindless commute daily and you don't have to sit at an office in front of the same computer you could easily be sitting in front of at home, or in a park, or on a boat, or in a camper in the rockies, or.....

Depending one your current commute time and cost, you could probably take a job for less and make more....

Back
Top Bottom