• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lack of Workers

Never took a dime from unemployment. Been out of work for 6 months now. Went to indoctrination this am for a new job. Filled out ALL of the paper work, new employee stuff. Then she said that they where waiting on the fight between the Supreme Court and OSHA, on mandating the jab. I'm ok with that, figure I could get in a few paychecks before it all comes down. Then she said no firearms on the property. Yeah that ain't happenin'. I must confess that this job was with a company that is under government contract and governed by the ATF, NSA and FBI. :behindsofa:
Probably should have let them pay you while you were out of work looking for a job....I mean you paid for that all these years anyway, why not use it.....

I'm retired and almost as old as the oldest person in Human History "Biker13" and I get job offers everyday, so the Jobs are out there if you WANT to work, but I believe the work ethic in America is long gone, we are becoming a Government Welfare State, thank God I never went for the Government Cheese trap.

Y’all are twisting what I said. There are people who put in the time, started from the bottom and either due to nepotism or politics or other external factors, will never get promoted. I’m not disputing the necessity for hard work and experience. I am however saying that sometimes hard work isn’t enough and to say otherwise is disingenuous.
I don't disagree with your point...it happens to all of us - it's just life. Some employers are just selfish and give no value to dedicated employees, I (Like many on here) have worked for people just like that. The solution to that problem is NOT to become a government dependent, I think the solution is two-fold -1.) Be realistic about your value as an employee (from the perspective of the employer). 2.) Be willing to put in the work to earn the experience/skill to earn the wage that you want.

I don't disagree with your point...it happens to all of us - it's just life. Some employers are just selfish and give no value to dedicated employees, I (Like many on here) have worked for people just like that. The solution to that problem is NOT to become a government dependent, I think the solution is two-fold -1.) Be realistic about your value as an employee (from the perspective of the employer). 2.) Be willing to put in the work to earn the experience/skill to earn the wage that you want.
Precisely. I don’t advocate for Govt hand outs. It’s an internal problem.

No one wants to work and seem to be pretty satisfied earning chump change here and there. Between all my facilities we are short around 300 employees.

Even doing labor studies for the field, area, and what not we are paying better than most and still nothing......

The generation of "hustle" is over.

People need food, shelter , clothing and seek out happiness and love. No one wants to work a sh*tty job for a sh*tty person at a sh*tty company. They may put up with it longer if the pay is really good , but eventually they will figure out a better way to live a more enjoyable life.........the pandemic taught us all this valuable life lesson. People/Workers have options.

People need food, shelter , clothing and seek out happiness and love. No one wants to work a sh*tty job for a sh*tty person at a sh*tty company. They may put up with it longer if the pay is really good , but eventually they will figure out a better way to live a more enjoyable life.........the pandemic taught us all this valuable life lesson. People/Workers have options.
C6C135DB-CD79-4427-B312-379D1AEA7F83.gif

I definitely do believe this.

What it also taught me is folks think very highly of themselves and have started to really see how incompetent the generic work force is for basic tasks.

Folks wanna make 6 figures with IQ's equivalent to my shoe size.

No one wants to work and seem to be pretty satisfied earning chump change here and there. Between all my facilities we are short around 300 employees.

Even doing labor studies for the field, area, and what not we are paying better than most and still nothing......

The generation of "hustle" is over.
I think its a little bit of everything

1. Lazy people that want everything for nothing...always had em...always will

2. Actual otherwise hardworking people that once they lost their jobs in 2020, took a look at their current situation, and either downsized, or found a better position more in line with their life.

3. Actual hustlers that were caught up working for someone else prior to 2020's shut down and realized they didn't like working for someone else and they are making a go of it themselves and are no longer a slave for someone else to create a fortune off the backs of their labor.

4. These last couple of generations (which I am not a part of). are not tied to material possessions like previous generations, what they own, how new their car is, how big their house is etc, is not really the pinnacle of their existence like previous generations. Their quality of life and experiences are more important to them than a new house or car etc.

Because that is their life focus, job flexibility is actually more important than just pure money.....I see companies and employers all the time that don't understand this, and think that they can keep employees with pure financial compensation and it is never going to work, they don't really care that much. They are out seeking jobs with remote opportunities, flexible work hours, unlimited vacation\flexible time off and they are finding them. And I don't blame them....

Employers need to get creative and get out of their traditional compensation bubble if they hope to recruit and retain good people...but some jobs just plain suck no matter what the pay, and those that are in those industries just have to get used to a never ending turnover and be thankful when they get a full staff...it kind of is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom