• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lack of Workers

Shags

Default rank <2500 posts
Will Commit War Crimes for Scooby Snacks
38   0
Reaction score
I know some people are fed up with minimum wage but what about everyone else? I've been trying to hire at around $20/hr to start based on skill set. Not one person who has applied answers their phone, replies through email, or if I do speak to them they make it apparent they couldn't care less if there hired or not.

Are people still getting fat checks from the government or am I missing something? I don't see how small businesses are going to survive if people continue to mooch off the government or refuse to work for anyone other than Amazon.

Not sure but what type of business? No need to bust your ass for $20 when I'm about to make $15 for nothing.
Basic security work or security system installs. Works pretty easy and straightforward. My armed guards would make closer to $30/hr, 30-60 days after their certification.

Taco Bell was giving $1k sign on bonuses too… plenty of jobs out there but it seems nobody wants to work.. neither do I haha but… guns gotta be bought haha
Yeah I've had quite a few ask if there were "immediate sign on bonuses" and "if I don't work do I keep the bonus?". I don't know how in 2 years people bagan thinking everything is a handout.

To answer the question, yes, the guv is still handing out money. That coupled with the apparent reality that lot's of people have zero work ethic nowadays.
I know a guy who over the holidays was bragging to everyone about getting $2000/week in unemployment. I thought he was full of **** but maybe not.

Need to hire someone right now. Why? Because the previous person, who had only been there 90 days quit (thankfully) for a different job (I assume making more). Everybody is hiring. Literally. Pay is in the $30+ hour range, is basically administrative in nature and I know we'll have a hard time filling it. It is crazy.....

Back
Top Bottom