• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lake Burton fishing

Ga hunter

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I’ll be making a trip to lake burton in the coming weeks, and I was curious on the best way to fish the lake. I’ll be staying in a house in a cove where I can walk around to a point and fish and hit docks. I was really wanting to catch the brown trout that Burton is famous for, but not sure how possible that is from the bank/dock. Any advice on equipment, bait, how to rig bait. I was thinking about seeing if a local shop sold blue backs to use. Any help is appreciated!

Hey everybody, I’ll be making a trip to lake burton in the coming weeks, and I was curious on the best way to fish the lake. I’ll be staying in a house in a cove where I can walk around to a point and fish and hit docks. I was really wanting to catch the brown trout that Burton is famous for, but not sure how possible that is from the bank/dock. Any advice on equipment, bait, how to rig bait. I was thinking about seeing if a local shop sold blue backs to use. Any help is appreciated!
There was a monster brown that was caught up there a couple of weeks back. Good luck and post some pictures!

I fish the lake a lot in the summer. I’m from the shores of Lake Michigan so I fish it just like I do Lake Michigan. When the lake heats up the fish go deep in the main part of the lake. We troll it with downriggera cause the fish stay down to the 20-25ft depths. We catch big browns and I’ve even caught rainbows over 10lbs out of there. I really don’t have any advise for shore fishing unless you go over the hatchery/state park. They realest fish every week into the river right in front of the state park. If you can get on a boat I would probably start at the damn with live hearing.

Back
Top Bottom