• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lake Lanier - Be Careful On The Water

Lol I live off Shady grove

Lived off Shady Grove a couple of time myself.
Off Old Flowery Branch Road and in Quail Ridge, still in the county just moved to the other side because it got too busy over there...

Are people still flying down Chattahoochee road missing the stop sign and flying out into that field?
It seemed like that happened a couple of times a month....

LOL!! Well, hopefully you're not one of the dickbag "true bass fishermen" that seem to accompany about 75% of the bass boats on Allatoona.
I'm not. I spend most of my time trolling Carters lake. My engine is only used to get from point A to B. I have no use for a dick bag pleasure boater anymore than I have use for fishing boats doing 70 mph on the water. Sure my boat will do 70 but I never get over 35. I have already hit one floating more than half submerged log in a past boat. That will not happen again and especially at anything above 30ish mph.

Sad for that family...
It's a shame the nicest public resources always get ruined by dbags. Despite how convenient it is, I NEVER go to Lanier on the weekends and feel like a cat on a hot tin roof on weekdays. :tsk:
I was fishing a cove one day and watched a young teenage girl (maybe 13) with a VERY young girl (perhaps 6 or 7) on the back absolutely FLYING around on one. If they weren't going 50 mph they weren't going 1.

Despite how convenient it is, I NEVER go to Lanier on the weekends and feel like a cat on a hot tin roof on weekdays. :tsk:
I was fishing a cove one day and watched a young teenage girl (maybe 13) with a VERY young girl (perhaps 6 or 7) on the back absolutely FLYING around on one. If they weren't going 50 mph they weren't going 1.
You're missing out on all the fun by not going on weekends, especially at the boat ramps. Husband and wife arguing, drunk girls, watching them back up a trailer down the ramp five or ten times, launching the boat off the trailer then realizing the motor won't start as it's headed towards another boat, watching them take the boat out the water with the motor still down carving up the concrete, etc, etc. I wish I could open up a bar next to the boat ramp with stadium seating! :pop2:

Back
Top Bottom