• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Land Navigation Course Rome, GA and Talladega, AL

0   0
Reaction score
Land Navigation course June 9-11. Spots open. One full day of classroom academics and 20 mile/24 hour long navigation lanes. No experience required, no equipment required. Ask me about it.

th-4251835530.jpg

Anybody that fools around in the woods needs to learn how to read a compass at least.i spent a night and almost another in the altamaha river swamp when I was 15 years old.got turned around squirrel hunting which was 1977.i just sit on a sandbar and waited for someone to come down the river after I walked in the wrong direction about 12 hours.the guy that found called the sheriff and they picked me up and took me back to camp.

Anybody that fools around in the woods needs to learn how to read a compass at least.i spent a night and almost another in the altamaha river swamp when I was 15 years old.got turned around squirrel hunting which was 1977.i just sit on a sandbar and waited for someone to come down the river after I walked in the wrong direction about 12 hours.the guy that found called the sheriff and they picked me up and took me back to camp.

My buddy and I did the same thing when we were 16. He just got his drivers license and we went squirrel hunting in piedmont. We got lost and were gone for 15 hours. We just followed a creek bed until we hit a dirt road and made the right guess in which direction to walk. We eventually made it back to our truck...I think about that day often. Its a crazy butterfly effect from that day that still has an impact on my buddy.

Its an insanely important skill to have. Good on the OP!

Yep- what Rolling_trip Rolling_trip said. Just taught my kids (18 & 17) a month ago. Day on the farm with compass and map. No phones.

My daughter no longer requires GPS for every trip, said she felt empowered!

Back
Top Bottom