• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE: Land ownership/deed question

"The deed on this property states that it is owned by the original Subdivision builder"

Sounds like this may be your answer. SOMEONE owns it and pays taxes on it. Easy enough to find out who the owner is.
Yes, I know what the deed states as far as the owner, it’s the same deed that’s been there since I moved in, dated 1989 I think. I guess my question relates more to the “subdivision recreation area” designation.

Agreed that the wording simply states that it is marked as "recreation area" on the plat but nothing defines that it is owned by or is actually part of the subdivision, nor does it state "for the use and enjoyment" of the subdivision lot owners. It also states "half-interest" was granted to Carter Homes, Inc., which means the "grantor", Bobby L. Carter, retained half interest. If the "inc" is also owned by the Carter family, sure looks like they summarily own 100%, unless a more recent deed states otherwise. For you to have an argument, I would think you need something in writing that states that the lot owners have an ownership interest in the property. Just my 2 cents worth. Do you have an HOA or do any covenants discuss the "recreation area"?

Back
Top Bottom