• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Land - recreational - investment

TheGman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
221   0
Reaction score
I looked at a 130 acre tract today. Near Alabama (Heard County). Nice parcel two great ponds / lakes.
SPectacular building and well, etc.

My kingdom for a time machine when land was relatively cheap in West GA.

It turns out to be a couple we knew way back when who own it and hes likely losing $$ on it.

Too rich for me but dang I wnat some land!

In for whining obviously (LOL)

Beautiful country out there. I grew up in centralhatchee. We had a hunting lease behind the house. About 250 acres. It was only $100 a year per person for 10 people. Wish I had bought some land too.

Chances are if you can afford a new pickup, you can afford a decent piece of land. It is more attainable than most think, but most people are scared to take the plunge when it comes down to it.

If you find the right tract for you, and the right seller, it can be downright easy. When I bought my land, I looked at it, knew it was "the one", made my offer, and closed all in the same week. I got lucky with the right seller, though, who paid all closing costs and had his lawyer write it up. He also offered full disclosure on every aspect, and for good reason. There were no issues. I had my ducks in a row, too.

Don't be impulsive. Take your time and find the right one for you. Leave no stone unturned. Save more money while you search.

One of the deal makers for me, besides cost, was annual taxes. This is not something you should overlook, and I don't think you will.

Research all you can about how deals are made. Prepare to put down at least 25%, at a minimum, if it isn't a residence. A trailer is not considered a house.

If you have any questions, just ask. I may be able to help...? I'm no real estate agent, but I learned a lot about buying land over the past few years. I plan to buy more before too long. It really isn't that hard.

Believe it or not, buying land can be addictive. LOL...Its true. Most people I know who buy land usually end up buying more down the road.

Having land is awesome. It never gets old. I hope you get yours!

Back
Top Bottom