• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Land - recreational - investment

I recently passed on a 25 acre parcel with a nice private lake, city water, power pole, fruit trees, pasture, and large pole barn for $21k

I have my personal reasons why I passed but dang it was a nice set up.

Too bad the school district was shot to crap and shopping well over a 25 min ride one way...

I recently passed on a 25 acre parcel with a nice private lake, city water, power pole, fruit trees, pasture, and large pole barn for $21k

Too bad the school district was shot to crap and shopping well over a 25 min ride one way...

WOW still a nice price but family first brother

Shoot me a pm with the information if you don't mind. Sounds like what I'm looking for.

I got a 5 acre tract that is in an 8 parcel subdivision in harris county. Good schools, mile from Callaway Gardens, pine mountain water, meter already in place. Fenced and horses allowed, mature pecan trees, gently rolling hills, ideal for full or half basement. 1800 Sq ft building requirement. Neighboring homes are 300000+. Google the demographics for harris county. I did before I bought it. Very quiet. I never see more than a couple cars when I am down there cutting it.My wife does not want to move. I will Prolly be selling it.

Reactions: MRM
I got a 5 acre tract that is in an 8 parcel subdivision in harris county. Good schools, mile from Callaway Gardens, pine mountain water, meter already in place. Fenced and horses allowed, mature pecan trees, gently rolling hills, ideal for full or half basement. 18000 Sq ft building requirement. Neighboring homes are 300000+. Google the demographics for harris county. I did before I bought it. Very quiet. I never see more than a couple cars when I am down there cutting it.My wife does not want to move. I will Prolly be selling it.

Surely you have too many zeros in those square footage requirements.

Something else to consider...This is what I did...I found a fairly large old farm that had been subdivided into smaller tracts to make it an easier sale. Then I solicited some friends who were interested and 4 of us went in and bought all the tracts. We all have nice pieces of land, and we are neighbors. The best part is only 2 of us are hunters so me and one other good friend are the only ones hunting the entire place. So we all get to enjoy the benefits of more land, for much less cost because we combined our resources. It has worked out great. Again, I was lucky to find a good seller who had already subdivided the land...

If you can find family or good friends to combine resources with, it is something to think about. Even if you have to get a surveyor out to subdivide the land, it may be well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom