• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Land - recreational - investment

65 acres and a farm house.1/3 pasture the rest hardwoods and pines

Three springs near back

I am pumped

She who must be obeyed gets to renovate farm house , we want to keep same look and feel just bring it up to modern comforts

Congrats! We would love to eventually have a house on land eventually. The hard part is our oldest is now 7 and it's nice to let him go play at a friend's house down the street.

$3000 an acre sounds reasonable.
The Alabama border isn't far away. Pretty soon the west side of the Metro Atlanta suburbs will reach there!

25 years ago, I was looking for land about 1 hour away from the developed areas around ATL, and I noticed that prices were about $2000 to $3000 an acre back then, for medium sized parcels 10-30 acres.

With all those years of inflation, your 3K for a bigger parcel seems about right.
Expect to pay 3X more per acre for a smaller parcel, though.
With land, there really is a quantity discount !

Oh, if you give a &^&%$ about such things, before you buy any land check out the land use ordinances and zoning restrictions, building codes, etc. for your county.
Big Brother is alive and well in even small, rural, "conservative" counties across Georgia.
Those petty little politicians love passing laws telling people what they can and can't do with their own property.

Any good websites to use to find land?

Meh...Landwatch probably has the most listings and traffic, but good deals can be hard to find on websites. Not impossible, though.

The best way to find a good deal on land, IMO, is from the owner. Some of the best deals will be found by word of mouth, or luck, not by websites. I looked for well over a year when I finally found the one I wanted, and it was the last place I considered looking...Craigslist! So yeah, I found my place on Craigslist, and it was listed by the seller, not a realtor.

It just goes to prove that you should leave no stone unturned, so definitely take a look at Landwatch, but you can probably find better deals just by talking to folks.

Oh, if you give a &^&%$ about such things, before you buy any land check out the land use ordinances and zoning restrictions, building codes, etc. for your county.
Big Brother is alive and well in even small, rural, "conservative" counties across Georgia.
Those petty little politicians love passing laws telling people what they can and can't do with their own property.
yep, and taxing you to pay for the enforcement of those restrictions..

$3K an acre sounds about right. I bought a smaller piece down in Pike County (a little under 19 acres) in the spring. I gave a tad under $4400 an acre. I felt like I paid too much but then again, I'm a cheap SOB.

Back
Top Bottom