• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

landscaping I have big rocks protruding from the ground. Updated! Hillbilly007 did a fantastic job!

Eh, get skilled drillers/blasters in everything will be good. We shoot real close to houses all the time.

Also, as long as you stay within the law your good on vibrations. 2” or less of vibration when you shoot is the law, We like to stay around 1 or less though just to stay on the safe side. But in all honesty we could shoot and have 5” of vibrations and it all be peachy. 4” used to be the law and homeowners were complaining and they shrunk it down to 2”. We shot one 50 feet off a house with an in ground pool last year and got a 0.1 vibration reading.
All I can say is that I've seen sheetrock seam splits when roofers throw down packs of shingles on the ridge. They're too lazy to ease them down and just drop them hard. I'm just saying what home owners might be afraid of, not what the law allows in terms of vibration...

All I can say is that I've seen sheetrock seam splits when roofers throw down packs of shingles on the ridge. They're too lazy to ease them down and just drop them hard. I'm just saying what home owners might be afraid of, not what the law allows in terms of vibration...
Yeah I know, just a lot of what happens is how skilled the driller and blaster on that shot is.

You may want to consider building stone walls to re-direct the downhill water flow (or French drains if there is enough topsoil). . The walls don't have to be very high considering there may be stone under the surface and most of the water will be surface water anyway.

Just a thought.
The rock is pretty close to an outbuilding. The terrain is steep enough to make me want the area sloped away for drainage. The water flow is currently adjacent to the foundation.

The rock is big enough for me to know that a bulldozer probably isn't going to budge it.

I have been looking at a kid steer mounted rock drilling and chemical expansion as a possible solution to break loose enough material to give me the space I am trying to acheive.

I would appreciate getting advice from a professional who knows rock drilling before spending any cash or effort.

The rock is pretty close to an outbuilding. The terrain is steep enough to make me want the area sloped away for drainage. The water flow is currently adjacent to the foundation.

The rock is big enough for me to know that a bulldozer probably isn't going to budge it.

I have been looking at a kid steer mounted rock drilling and chemical expansion as a possible solution to break loose enough material to give me the space I am trying to acheive.

I would appreciate getting advice from a professional who knows rock drilling before spending any cash or effort.
Send me a pm on the drilling if you’ve got any questions.

I bought a large house on 4 acres. The neighbor said that the stone was part of the Stone Mountain rock formation that is under most of Georgia.

I want to re-grade the area uphill from the structures so I have better water flow away from them. There are obviously massive in-ground rock formations that will need to be addressed in order to do this.

I don't think I can do this myself. I was looking for ideas on how to regrade this area short of explosives!
Well your last three words took the wind out of my sail

Back
Top Bottom