• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

landscaping I have big rocks protruding from the ground. Updated! Hillbilly007 did a fantastic job!

What is a platt map? I looked up the property lines and codes pertaining to zoning and setback prior to purchase.

Did you happen to read the bit about short of explosives!"?

Plats are not a substitute for a survey. The dimensions on a plat are estimated, not actual.

If the grading and wall you envision don't come close to the boundary line of your property, you're probably fine. However, you cannot encroach even an inch across the boundary. If you do, you are at the mercy of your neighbor. Had a friend make that mistake with a deck extension project. Deck had to be torn down and rebuilt.

If the neighbor is your cousin or your mother, no big deal, you buy the land you encroached on for $1 and have the property boundaries redrawn. Otherwise, you have to hope your neighbor will be kindhearted and give you an easement. Depends on the neighbor. If you've been shaking his house and knocking his pictures off the walls for weeks, he might not be in a giving mood.

Think it all through carefully before you put your plan in motion, and maximize your communication with the neighbor. Most people will be far more helpful when you include them in your planning process. Make sure you listen to their concerns ahead of time and try to address them before the first shovel hits the dirt.

Plats are not a substitute for a survey. The dimensions on a plat are estimated, not actual.

If the grading and wall you envision don't come close to the boundary line of your property, you're probably fine. However, you cannot encroach even an inch across the boundary. If you do, you are at the mercy of your neighbor. Had a friend make that mistake with a deck extension project. Deck had to be torn down and rebuilt.

If the neighbor is your cousin or your mother, no big deal, you buy the land you encroached on for $1 and have the property boundaries redrawn. Otherwise, you have to hope your neighbor will be kindhearted and give you an easement. Depends on the neighbor. If you've been shaking his house and knocking his pictures off the walls for weeks, he might not be in a giving mood.

Think it all through carefully before you put your plan in motion, and maximize your communication with the neighbor. Most people will be far more helpful when you include them in your planning process. Make sure you listen to their concerns ahead of time and try to address them before the first shovel hits the dirt.
Previously complied with

That stuff works great sometimes depending on the rock density. If it truly is some of the stone mtn vein that’s some really hard rock... sometimes it’s hard to even break it with explosives and 3.5” holes. Austell has SUPER hard rock too.

I’m actually shooting some of the stone mtn vein currently down in loganville.
Im in loganville. I have heard some heavy drillin around miller bottom. Is that you?

I have more pictures and am thinking I should remove the topsoil as part of the regrading process and expose the rock structure

Attachments

• 1644BA1E-2E7C-4351-AE39-F649B0D1427F.jpeg
    1644BA1E-2E7C-4351-AE39-F649B0D1427F.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 0E4E8848-B033-4944-BE2E-826B45F2FF6D.jpeg
    0E4E8848-B033-4944-BE2E-826B45F2FF6D.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 9083F37C-D480-499B-ADCD-BC1BEE34295E.jpeg
    9083F37C-D480-499B-ADCD-BC1BEE34295E.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 29
  • BD20E61B-20A3-4731-8CEE-9A2C478BD387.jpeg
    BD20E61B-20A3-4731-8CEE-9A2C478BD387.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 32
Good pics. The slope behind the outbuilding is down and away, yes?

I look at those pics and they scream, "Wall!". I know you don't want to hear that, but I think you could do a full wall just along the building, tapering to a terraced wall as it moves forward, with gentle steps to ascend the slope to a flat area above.

A good french drain along the front base of the wall could move water to the back of the building, where the slope takes over.

Will be interested to see what you come up with.

Good pics. The slope behind the outbuilding is down and away, yes?

I look at those pics and they scream, "Wall!". I know you don't want to hear that, but I think you could do a full wall just along the building, tapering to a terraced wall as it moves forward, with gentle steps to ascend the slope to a flat area above.

A good french drain along the front base of the wall could move water to the back of the building, where the slope takes over.

Will be interested to see what you come up with.
Except that the grass area is lower than the area it it has to get up and around to drain.

They have placed many many large stones into the soil to slow the erosion

Attachments

• A6E8E078-AF10-4EFD-9DAA-EB51E9CC4392.png
    A6E8E078-AF10-4EFD-9DAA-EB51E9CC4392.png
    849.7 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom