• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor brass is coming.

How do you know they will be made with small primer pockets and how do you make a 6.5 Creed any more accurate?
Could it be that Lapua is trying to stay out of a law suit with Hornady since Hornady developed the cartridge?

It is a fact that the coolest and least amount of flame to ignite a given powder charge will yield the most consistency. That means a small primer with a small flash hole will be marginally more consistent. This Lapua brass has both. The downside is in cold weather it is harder to ignite the powder so cooler and smaller isn't better. Same reason some people use magnum primers in hunting ammo.

This brass is quite literally Lapua building a better mousetrap so long as the mousetrap is kept above freezing.

Well on that case now you will need two brass primer pocket sizes, one for cold weather, and one for warm/hot temperatures, sounds more like a decision on primer cost savings only, and a way to introduce a small primer pocket for a dual reloading headaches... Or could this be done because of the lower availability of FEDERAL GM215M PRIMERS... LARGE PRIMERS)?? HMMM...

Sounds like a marketing ploy to me if it ain't broke don't fix...

It's not a marketing ploy, Lapua knows that the majority of the people that would be using this brass are target shooters and most matches are shot during cool to HOT weather. Also Remmy why would there be a lawsuit when 6.5 Creedmoor is a SAMI cartridge now and Winchester, Norma and Nosler all make brass for it already?

Well a lot of the comments stated here are true,but like I say how do you make a 6.5 shoot any more accurate. My guns are .25 to .35 MOA guns and the other people that shoot them are the same way. I like Lapua brass but they won't be getting any of my money based on the primer pocket. It seems like to me they would be loosing part of there share in the market place by doing this.

Benchresters know how to make things even more accurate and they believe in smaller primers, cooler burning primers and smaller flashhole. Lapua is just making the best brass they can for the audience who will pay $1 per piece. Most folks don't want to pay that and they can keep using Hornady.

So, I am assuming that with the smaller flash hole, you would need to purchase a smaller decapping pin or turn one down in a lathe, so as to not enlarge the factory hole. Any other things that would be different than a standard reloading procedure? I've read where some people had firing pin strike problems and had to alter them. Anyone heard of a real experience of that?

They are expensive, but they sure are purdy.

Attachments

• 20170710_174144.jpg
    20170710_174144.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom