• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lapua to cease manufacturing of 7.62×39 brass

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
Along with the AK prevalent brass it's suspending a slew of other calibers. I reckon they aren't selling enough to justify keeping it in it's production ranks.
Anong them is :
6mm creed
6.5 Grendel
7mm-08
22-250
7.62×64R
7.62×53R
And a host of others.

Good by good brass!

284 kinda surprises me. That's a big fclass cartridge. Otherwise I'm not surprised by the rest. 6 GT beat out 6 creed. 6.5 creed beat out 260. Russian guns don't deserve Fin brass.

284 kinda surprises me. That's a big fclass cartridge. Otherwise I'm not surprised by the rest. 6 GT beat out 6 creed. 6.5 creed beat out 260. Russian guns don't deserve Fin brass.
Some of it doesn't surprise me but some of the faster cartridges that are widely used in competition heavily is kind of mind boggling. I wonder why? My another casing is nudging them out. No telling but it's not the end of the world. The 7.62 x 39 is going to be stopped completely but the others are just suspended and I would gather that's because of the shortage of some of the more popular powders and the large rifle primers being in short supply. I think once the reloading components get back up to full ramp they'll probably reintroduce those.

The 6mm Creedmore, and 260 Remington shooters will miss the Lapua brass.

Lapua may be feeling a need to support a potential war effort at their border, rather than supporting relatively unpopular calibers for sport shooters.

I suspect that re-tooling for brass manufacture might be pretty easy, so "discontinuing" these calibers really isn't that big a deal, other than keeping their supply chain informed.

If they decide that they want to start making some of them again, they could probably get back into business pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom