• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Large Volume Shotshell Hulls

MPackka

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
60   0
Reaction score
Wondering if there is a want for hulls in large amounts. Thinking barrels full. I am the head outfitter at a sporting club and instead of trashing shot shells, I figured folks may want to reload. It would be cheap if any are interested. Looking to get side money to put back into the course outside the regular begging/waiting.

Folks will pay for Winchester AA and Remington STS hulls because they have a brass base and thicker plastic which are ideal for reloading but you will need to separate them from the trash hulls which have a coated steel base and thin plastic.

Recyclers will pay scrap metal price for trash hulls if you figure a way to economically separate the metal from the plastic.

PM if you find some Winchester AA in 410 :)

Thanks,

Tom Lowe expects their pullers to save the good stuff. If you can sell them there do it. When I was reloading for my daughter it was easier to buy 100 in a ziplock than dumpster dive, but I was loading 250 per week with a MEC Junior at the time. There is a market for once fired hulls but you could probally make more money with Grubhub.

so perfection we're looking for....no problem....$.01 per right???
AA doesn't come cheap, but at a large sporting club you never know what'll end up on the ground. OP is asking a question for perhaps a reason. If he has this stuff, in any gauge, he's got a very good question, as these didn't come out of thin air, yeah prices may differ these days, or for the newest thing.
1673923392404.png

There was a time a decade or so ago when Winchester was involved in some of the larger youth clay target events, it was common to see thousands of 20 ga AA hulls. :cool:

Most of the youth teams now are using the cheap Vista products -- Remington gun club or Federal top gun. :(

Thank you all for the guidance. It'll be crucial to separate trash from cash shells. At our place we see a lot of random makers. Almost all is 12 or 20. NSI, RIO, Fiocchi, Rem GC, and the like. Currently I am not seeing much AA or proper competition ammo. It is just not our crowd, yet. With the cleaning schedule I implemented, the majority of shells will not be in bad shape. The issue to move shells will likely be none of it is on the high-end of components.

Feel free to send a PM if you're interested in once fired shells. It will be easier for us to go by weight, but I may start sorting shells to move by quantity.

Back
Top Bottom