• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Larue Rifles

One of my friends recently had a relative pass away, and he inherited a few firearms from the family division of his property.
Some of them are Larue rifles. He asked me if I knew anything about them, and I had to respond with a "no". I only know a little about revolvers and regular hunting rifles, but know very little about these high end builds.
But knowing you guys here, and watching some of y'alls posts over the years, I figured someone here would know something about them.
One in particular that stands out is a Larue build with a Leupold LCO / D-evo mounted on it.
This rifles does not have much on it other than the name, Multi Cal, MK1, and a Spade emblem on it.

Another one is a Larue Tactical Model LT-15, with a Burris Mount and Burris Scope attached, but as with the other, not one other spec like caliber or anything.

Have you guys had any experience with these?
And just FYI, he is up for selling them, but not knowing what they are and definitely worth, he isn't ready to cross that bridge yet until he gets some knowledge of what he has.

Thanks gang - T
Looks like a Stealth upper in the 2nd pic

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Larue for long time been making some great stuff. I think they made some Seal Team stuff at one time for very accurate Barrels.

This is one of my favorite AR's made by Larue.
View attachment 2831714
Hard to beat a Larue $200 lower, $135 for their CAN mount or roughly $100 for their triggers. You can buy their Ultimate Upper for $1999 or take the time on their website to make the same build for $1200 and they'll assemble it for free.

Buy the upper and they sell you a suppressor for $400.

Their customer service sucks but their rifles hold their own at the USASOC Sniper Competition over the last decade

Hard to beat a Larue $200 lower, $135 for their CAN mount or roughly $100 for their triggers. You can buy their Ultimate Upper for $1999 or take the time on their website to make the same build for $1200 and they'll assemble it for free.

Buy the upper and they sell you a suppressor for $400.

Their customer service sucks but their rifles hold their own at the USASOC Sniper Competition over the last decade

Yep thats what I was trying to say. A Larue Rifle is some nice Black Rifle to have. Those look like some top money spent on one He has there.

Yep Larue is some top notch stuff, in spite of them sourseing some bad stuff one time.

Yep thats what I was trying to say. A Larue Rifle is some nice Black Rifle to have. Those look like some top money spent on one He has there.

Yep Larue is some top notch stuff, in spite of them sourseing some bad stuff one time.

It is disingenuous to state “in spite of them ’sourseing’ some bad stuff one time”. This makes it sound as if LaRue has had a single problem over the years, due to a bad part they sourced from outside, and no fault of their own. LaRue has had numerous issues, but I’m not saying they’ve had more issues than some other companies. Their CS does leave a bit to be desired.

A shipment of 8 LaRue OBR 7.62mm rifles to a SWAT Team Sniper unit. Issues with all 8 rifles. Stuck cases in the chamber, blown primers, ripped rims, and erratic ejection. Multiple loads were tried, including 2 different Federal Gold Medal Match loads. The staking came loose on one rifle, allowing the receiver extension to rotate. When the rifles would cycle, they did shoot very accurately, however. When the team contacted LaRue about the issue initially, they were told not to use 168grn loads, but to try 175grn loads instead.....as if that is the culprit.

A slew of accuracy and functioning issues reported with the LaRue UU 6.5 Grendel rifles.

I’m not here to bash or support LaRue......overall I’m not a hater or fan of the company. I like some of the stuff that they make, other stuff I don’t. They’re a company like any other. I recommend and sell some of their stuff, and some stuff of theirs I do not.

It is disingenuous to state “in spite of them ’sourseing’ some bad stuff one time”. This makes it sound as if LaRue has had a single problem over the years, due to a bad part they sourced from outside, and no fault of their own. LaRue has had numerous issues, but I’m not saying they’ve had more issues than some other companies. Their CS does leave a bit to be desired.

A shipment of 8 LaRue OBR 7.62mm rifles to a SWAT Team Sniper unit. Issues with all 8 rifles. Stuck cases in the chamber, blown primers, ripped rims, and erratic ejection. Multiple loads were tried, including 2 different Federal Gold Medal Match loads. The staking came loose on one rifle, allowing the receiver extension to rotate. When the rifles would cycle, they did shoot very accurately, however. When the team contacted LaRue about the issue initially, they were told not to use 168grn loads, but to try 175grn loads instead.....as if that is the culprit.

A slew of accuracy and functioning issues reported with the LaRue UU 6.5 Grendel rifles.

I’m not here to bash or support LaRue......overall I’m not a hater or fan of the company. I like some of the stuff that they make, other stuff I don’t. They’re a company like any other. I recommend and sell some of their stuff, and some stuff of theirs I do not.
I have a Larue 6.5 UU and the accuracy out of the barrel was nowhere near my expectations. It was easily 3moa. My issue, in my opinion, was with the muzzle brake. I could keep all other variables like day, temp, bullet, cartridge, grain weight etc.. all the same but when I had their Tranquillo brake on the rifle the groups went to 3". Without it was sub moa. Their CS wanted me to send the rifle back over a $99 part. I politely told him how I felt and not long after I swapped the barrel for a Proof which has been outstanding.

Good luck if you ever try removing a gas tube from their gas block.

Nothing disingenuous about it. I think you read into a general statement and missed the main point. As i said before I dont own one and am not a fan boy. Take it as you want if you see it that way.

I'm not getting into a pissing match about what don't matter, and one word. LOL!

Nothing disingenuous about it. I think you read into a general statement and missed the main point. As i said before I dont own one and am not a fan boy. Take it as you want if you see it that way.

I'm not getting into a pissing match about what don't matter, and one word. LOL!

Where’s the fun in that?

Back
Top Bottom