• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LaRue Tactical Sale

I'm with you on being petty about not buying another Larue Product. I retired from the Army 4 days before I turned 40 so I had a Retirement/Birthday party and got a bunch of "gun cash" went to order some stuff from Larue and the CS reps reply "we are sorry but our records show you retired last wee so you are no longer eligible for the Mil discount" I was like "really? its only a week I could see if I retired last year. then when he lost the Army contract and said No Mil would receive the discount out of bitterness that was the final straw.

Mil/LEO discount hasn't been a thing for years with LaRue, although he does send copious amounts of hardware FREE to soldiers who are on the ground around the world. I've more respect for that than continuing to give a 10% discount.

"12:01am January 1, 2013,

To our entire customer base …

For 2013 - We are suspending our L/E - Military discounts. It pains us, but our skyrocketing costs, due to a number of new government regulations, Obama-Care being just one, has forced us to use one price sheet for all customers. Through the years we have extended a savings to our military and Law Enforcement customers that we are quite proud of … a very large dollar number when totaled.

Orders entered before midnight Dec.31st will reflect our previous LE/MIL discount terms.

If some of these regulations are rescinded, and tax relief is returned, we will push to reintroduce these lost discounts in 2014.

Uncle Sam has got to stop spending money, or we're all done for. We will hold off on price increases just short of going off our own fiscal cliff.

Mark LaRue"

You do know that they are PAID for their reviews right? Nothing Truthful about them IJS

I followed the directions and it's fine. It just takes light pressure. Mine is fine. My Larue mount is mounted on a Larue PredatOBR.

Its quite the opposite in my case, I PAY THEM to review their products, and use their mounts for any optic I've ever used and will continue to do so.
None of my rails have been damaged from their mounts, even with the bidirectional recoil impulse of the Scar 17 I haven't noted any damage.

Like 5bassman 5bassman said, if you follow the directions it is fine.

By no means was my comment a bash against Larue. I like Larue quite a lot actually. I should say it is quite easy to damage your rail with their mounts. It's easy to have it too tight, and if you do, it will leave a mark. It's not the end of the world, but it's easy to do. I had considered picking up that mount when I received the same email.

Back
Top Bottom