• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Last Week of the Season

Well, I shot a doe on Saturday afternoon with my 300BO. Never found blood or hair though I am 99% positive I hit her. After over an hour of searching, could not find the doe or any indication of which way she ran after she ran back into the woods. I hated to give up looking but with no blood or indication of direction of travel I didn't have any clue where to keep looking.

Sunday evening I was hoping for another doe to come out so I wouldn't have to shoot a young buck. Unfortunately that didn't happen and the only deer we were seeing as it got closer to dark were young bucks. My girlfriend said we needed one more for meat and I had to choose between shooting a young buck I didn't really want to shoot or hope a doe showed up in the last 10-15 minutes of light. So I grabbed her 6.5 Creedmoor and dropped this young 8 point.

Unfortunately, she very much overestimated how much space our freezer had left, as we didn't pick up the meat from her two bucks until last night. Now I may have to buy another freezer before we pick up the meat from this deer.

IMG_20230109_213507.jpg

Back
Top Bottom